Annapurna Circuit Trek
‘adventure around north and south of Annapurna massive mountains with Thorong-la pass’
- An enjoyable and scenic country walks on the high hills of great Annapurna Himalaya
- Exploring high hills Gurung and Manang traditional villages enriched with ancient culture
- Walking into lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees.
- Breathtaking views of snowcapped peaks around beautiful Manang valley and Thorang-la pass
- Dramatic landscapes from rice paddies to alpine hills to high areas of arctic climatic zone
- Around charming villages of Marpha-Tukuche and at world deepest Kali gandaki River gorge
World most famous and popular adventure destination as listed by leading travel and guide books “Annapurna Circuit trekking” certainly a fantastic area for beautiful and pleasant walks visiting high and gorgeous Manang valley within giant snow capped peaks of Northern Annapurna and Damodar Himal. Annapurna Circuit trekking truly a mesmerizing journey, although the motorable road has come up in some parts within the route, however Awesome Adventure Treks will avoid the main road and using the old trekking trail for your delight and enjoyable walk with us in Annapurna Circuit Trekking.
Annapurna Circuit trekking leads you to enjoy fascinating scenery of dramatic landscapes from warm rice paddies to cooler alpine zone with enchanting woodlands of tall pine-firs-juniper-oaks and rhododendron trees and then walking into lovely hill villages interwoven with old Buddhist culture and religion with impressive traditional way of life of the local natives of Manang and around lower Mustang areas of Kaligandaki River valley.Our wonderful Annapurna Circuit trekking starts with an exciting overland drive to reach the Lamjung areas at Besisar town and then following the raging Marshyangdi upstream at Syange farm village where our trekking adventure begins heading higher into Manang valley past Dharapani-Chame and Pisang villages to reach at cultural Manang enclosed within high peaks of Annapurna II – III and IV with Gangapurna and its ice falls and in the north Chulus and Pisang peaks.
Adventure continues with a climb over the highest point of our trip at Thorang-La Pass of above 5,416 m high with incredible views of mountains on both sides of the pass top and then heading downhill to reach at holy Muktinath temple areas and further walks leads at Kaligandaki River valley and past charming villages of Jomsom-Marpha and Tukuche famous for delicious apples and its products.A wonderful walk reaching warmer areas of rice fields and terraces around Tatopani ‘hot spring’ village, and then heading towards scenic Ghorepani hill top for a hike to scenic Poon Hill offering stunning sunrise views over chain of mountains from Dhaulagiri-Annapurna to Manaslu range with majestic Machhapuchhre ‘Fish Tail’ peaks, from here our walk of this fabulous and mesmerizing adventure Annapurna Circuit trekking concludes at picturesque and popular touristic spot at Pokhara.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Syange 1,140m via Besisar - 08 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,943m - 08 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Chame 2,720m - 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Pisang 3,190m - 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Manang 3,540m - 04 hrs.
Day 08: Acclimatization day at Manang with short hikes.
Day 09: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,210 m - 07 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to High Camp or Phedi 4,450 m - 05 hrs.
Day 11: Cross Thorong La 5,416m and trek to Muktinath 3,800m- 09 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Marpha 2,670m - 07 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Lete 2,400m - 06 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Tatopani (hot-spring) 1,190m - 07 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Ghorepani 2,860m - 08 hrs.
Day 16: Hike to Poon Hill and continue trek to Tikhedhunga 1,440m - 05 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Nayapul 1, 000 m and drive to Pokhara - 04 hrs.
Day 18: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
Day 19: International departure homeward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by our staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the heart of Kathmandu city, after getting refreshed our guide briefs with information regarding Annapurna Circuit Trekking, lodge on route with do and don’ts with evening group welcome dinner.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
A free day in Kathmandu to relieve you from jetlag on long flights, our morning sightseeing tour starts after breakfast in the hotel, where you will be engrossed with tour around world heritage sites around Kathmandu visiting Old Durbar (palace) Square, and ancient stupa of Swayambhunath, after a tour head back to hotel with preparation for Annapurna Circuit Trekking.
(other options on tour of Hindu Holy Temple of Pashupatinath dedicated to Lord Shiva and Bouddhanath large Buddhist Stupa the area also known as Little Tibet)
Day 03: Drive to Syange 1,140 m via Besishahar (by bus) - 06 hrs.
Starting this wonderful adventure with an interesting overland drive towards Nepal mid west, leading to Besishahar town (headquarter of Lamjung district). From here transfer to another vehicle and continue drive on dirt road passing villages of Khudi, Bulbule and Ngadi following the Marshyangdi River upstreamDrive continues through rice terraces fields and villages to Syange a small village for overnight stop in the comfort of nice lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,943 m - 06 hrs.
From Syange our walk begins with climb leaving Marshyangdi River behind reaching at Jagat village, a farm village with many lodges for trekkers.After Jagat walk leads on winding path to Chamje, and back at Marshyangdi River crossing to east side into forested area, with super views of Annapurna and Manaslu mountain ranges.As the walk continues reaching a nice village at Tal Besi, from here another 3 hours walk leads to our overnight stop at Dharapani village.Dharapani a nice village located on a junction of Annapurna circuit and Manaslu trekking trail.
Day 05: Trek to Chame 2,720m - 05 hrs.
After Dharapani walk leads into rhododendron and pine forest passing villages of Bagarchap and Danque, then at Timang village with more Buddhist cultured village including views of
Mt. Manaslu 8,163m / 26,781ft. From Timang village few hours trek leads to Koto and then to Chame town for overnight stop, Chame a large major town of Manang area and a head quarter town of the district.
Day 06: Trek to Pisang 3,190 m - 05 hrs.
From Pisang onwards walk leads close to mountains through alpine forests of rhododendron and pine trees, following Marshyangdi River upstream with short ups and down hills to Bhratang village. From Bhratang village walk follows uphill through alpine woodland to Dhukure Pokhari a small place with few teahouses and lodge overlooking Chulu’s and Pisang peak, with possible lunch stop, and then descends to lower Pisang village for overnight stop.
Day 07: Trek to Manang 3,540 m - 04 hrs.
Morning views of mountains, from here onward altitude gains as the walk leads through forest with short uphill and views of Annapurna II and III, Gangapurna Chulu’s and Pisang peak.
Walk downhill to reach flat valley at Hongde village, from here onward tree lines fades for barren, arid landscapes with cold, dry arctic climate.Before Manang, visit old Braga monastery with old Buddhist relics, ancient wall painting and frescos and stunning views of Annapurna Himalaya, from here an hour walk reaches at Manang village.
Day 08: Acclimatization day at Manang with short hikes
A necessary rest day at Manang for acclimatization before reaching higher areas to Thorang-la pass, in Manang short hike around Manang village, this is a large village situated on windswept valley by the bank of Marshyangdi River below Annapurna and Gangapurna mountain range, a nice walk uphill for views of Gangapurna Glacier and Manang glacial Lake.
Day 09: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,210 m - 04 hrs.
After a good rest at Manang, walk towards Ghunsang village with short uphill to reach at Yak Kharka, an interesting walk with views of snowcapped mountains, on crossing a small stream reaching Yak Kharka for overnight stop, a small settlement with views of Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Chulu Peaks.
Day 10: Trek to Thorung- La High Camp or Phedi 4,450 m - 04 hrs.
Morning walk lead to more high elevation getting closer at the base of Thorang-la after crossing a bridge with a climb along the river bank of Jarjung, finally walk leads at Thorung Phedi, here depending upon the physical conditions of the clients, if all goes well an hour steep climb to Thorang High Camp for overnight stop.
Day 11: Cross Thorong La 5,416m | 17,769 ft and trek to Muktinath 3,800 m - 06 hrs.
One of the highlight and Big Day of this adventure! After early breakfast walk leads to a long climb to Thorang-la on steep winding path to reach Thorong La Pass at 5,416 m / 17,769 ft.The highest point of the adventure with views of snowcapped peaks, and then with long descends to reach at holy Muktinath around Lower Mustang area.On reaching Muktinath for overnight stop, this is a holy spot for both Hindus and Buddhists the word Muktinath literally means ‘the place for Nirvana or Liberation’.
Day 12: Trek to Marpha 2, 670 via Jomsom 2, 715 m - 06 hours.
After Muktinath, rest of the journey is easier with moderate walks all the way with a big drop of 1,200m downhill to Kaligandaki river valley, this pleasant walk leads to Kaligandaki river valley, from here walk to Jomsom, headquarter town of Mustang area with a small airstrip above Kaligandaki River. After Jomsom walk to Marpha, one of the most charming village,
a gem village, with white painted houses, paved streets and well kept lodges. At Marpha celebrate with local apple products cider, brandy and juice this area from Kagbeni to Larjung is famous for delicious apples.
Day 13: Trek to Lete 2,480m - 06 hrs.
From Marpha onward, walk is enjoyable following Kaligandaki river downstream with views of Tukuche peak, Dhaulagiri and Mt. Nilgiri walk to Larjung village, after few hours walk getting back into tree lines of pine, oaks and rhododendron forest and then reaching at Kalapani village, another lovely village with grand views of Mt. Annapurna I, Nilgiris and Dhaulagiri, a short downhill brings at Lete village for overnight stop.
Day 14: Trek to Tatopani 1,190m - 06 hrs.
Walk from Kalapani and Lete onward leads to dramatic change in vegetation and climate, as walk leads between two giant peaks of Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna forming world deepest gorge. The first two hours of trek leads through Ghasa village with view of snow capped peaks into forest.After Ghasa a southern end of Mustang area mostly dominated by Thakali people ethnic tribe till Tatopani village.This pleasant walk continues leading back to paddy fields in warm sub-tropical climate to Tatopani passing beautiful waterfalls of Rupsi. Tatopani (Hot Spring) village the valley is quite constricted and it is quite warm with sub-tropic climate and vegetation, Tatopani is another nice village with large hot spring pools just by the bank of the River Kaligandaki.
Day 15: Trek to Ghorepani 2,750 m - 06 hrs.
After a wonderful time at Tatopani, trek continues on the nice winding trail for an hour, our route diverts heading uphill with steep climb then with gradual up all the way through dense forest to reach at Chitre, from here an hour climb to Ghorepani village with fantastic views of Mt. Dhaulagiri and Annapurna South with Vara-Shikar known as Annapurna Fang.Ghorepani famous and popular for hike to Pun Hill a view point offering super wide angle views of world’s three highest peaks and range of other mountains with striking sunrise and sunset.
Day 16: Trek to Tikhedhunga 1,500m - 05 hrs.
Morning an hour hike up to Pun-Hill at 3,210m, offers fantastic sunrise views over array of mountains from Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Manaslu to Annapurna and as far to Ganesh Himal in the far eastern horizon including the Mt. Machhapuchare “The Fish Tail”.From here walk through lovely rhododendron forest, and then with long descend from Ulleri village to Tirkhedhunga for last overnight stop in the hills of Annapurna Himalaya.
Day 17: Trek to Nayapul / Birethati 1,000 m and drive to Pokhara - 04 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight at Tikhedhunga with views and sound of beautiful waterfalls, our last day of this great trip leads into warmer areas of rice fields and terraces overlooking magnificent views of massive Himalayan range of mountains, an hour walk downhill to Bhirethati village and at Nayapul on the road head of Baglung-Pokhara, after getting into a vehicles few hour drive brings you beautiful and scenic Pokhara after a great and wonderful time up in the high mountains.
Day 18: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu.
Morning a scenic drive to back Kathmandu with grand memories of this fantastic and exciting Annapurna Circuit trekking, an interesting six hour brings you back in Kathmandu with afternoon free at leisure for shopping souvenirs .
(Options of flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu of 30 mins)
Day 19: International departure homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal in the land of Himalayan wonders, after wonderful experience and fond memories of Annapurna Circuit Trekking around great Annapurna Himalaya, our staff transfer you to airport as per your time for international flight for your final departure towards homeward bound.
- Airport pick up and transfer
- Two Nights twin sharing Deluxe accommodation in Kathmandu on BB plan
- Annapurna Conservation Areas Project (ACAP) Permits & Fees & TIMs card)
- Kathmandu to Beshishahar transfer by avaiable public bus
- Annapurna Circuit Trekking on full board of meals (B, L, D, tea /coffee in cups only)
- Fresh fruit served after dinner
- Mountain accommodation
- Nayapul to Pokhara transfer by private vehicle ( Trek Ending point)
- 01 Nights twin sharing deluxe hotel in Pokhara on BB basis
- Pokhara- Kathmandu transfer by deluxe tourust bus
- One Trek Leader (Gov. Licensed, first aid, altitude trained/experienced and eco trained), assistance leader/s in a group, their entire expenses, equipment and insurance
- One trek porter to carry trek luggage’s for every two trekkers in a group, all payment, trekking equipment and insurance
- Sleeping Bags and Down Jacket for Trek use (Need to return after trek), Trek Duffle Bag and T- shirt, Trekking Maps
- Group Medicine kit Box, with Diamox- AMS Medicine
- All Gov. and local taxes as applicable
- Final departure transfer from Kathmandu to airport on your departure
- Nepal Visa, International flights in/out Nepal
- Lunch & evening meals in Kathmandu & Pokhara (If any)
- Cost of beverages such as mineral water, coca cola, Beer etc., cost of battery charge, laundry etc. on trek
- Travel insurance (Must include Helicopter evacuation, Medical Exp. and trip cancellation)
- Personal trekking gears
- Personal nature expenses & Tips
- Any extending trips
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
- Support and co-operate responsible tourism and eco-trekking respecting and preserving the Himalayan pristine environment from destruction.
- Assuring all that every trips will be memorable with enjoyable time with us here at Awesome Nepal.
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu at cheaper price,there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
- Buff headwear /neckwear
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Head torch
- Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof/windproof jacket
- Down filled jacket
- Lightweight cotton pants (long)
- Waterproof Pants
- Thermal underwear
- Thin inner socks
- Thick and warm wool hiking socks
- Comfortable Hiking boots
- Sneakers /slippers
- Gore-tex gloves
- Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
- Trekking bags/duffel bag
- Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
- Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
- Water bottle or camel bag
Name : Jose Antonio Litran
Find Us on Facebook
Relative Packages Tour