Annapurna Short Circuit Trek
‘adventure around north and south of Annapurna massive mountains with Thorang-la pass’
- An enjoyable and scenic country walks on the high hills of great Annapurna Himalaya
- Exploring high hills Gurung and Manang traditional villages enriched with ancient culture
- Walking into lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees
- Breathtaking views of snowcapped peaks around beautiful Manang valley and Thorang-la pass
- Dramatic landscapes from rice paddies to alpine hills to high areas of arctic climatic zone
World most famous and popular adventure destination as listed by leading travel and guide books “Annapurna Short Circuit trekking” certainly a fantastic area for beautiful and pleasant walks visiting high and gorgeous Manang valley within giant snow capped peaks of Northern Annapurna and Damodar Himal. Annapurna Semi Circuit trekking truly a mesmerizing journey, although motorable road has come up in some parts within the route, however Awesome Adventure Treks will avoid the main road and using the old trekking trail for your delight and enjoyable walk with us in our Annapurna Short Circuit Trekking.
Annapurna Short Circuit trekking leads you to enjoy fascinating scenery of dramatic landscapes from warm rice paddies to cooler alpine zone with enchanting woodlands of tall pine-firs-juniper-oaks and rhododendron trees and then walking into lovely hill villages interwoven with old Buddhist culture and religion with impressive traditional way of life of the local natives of Manang and around lower Mustang areas of Kaligandaki River valley. Our wonderful Annapurna Semi Circuit trekking starts with an exciting overland drive to reach the Lamjung areas at Besisar town and then following the raging Marshyangdi upstream at Syange farm village where our trekking adventure begins heading higher into Manang valley past Dharapani-Chame and Pisang villages to reach at cultural Manang enclosed within high peaks of Annapurna II – III and IV with Gangapurna and its ice falls and in the north Chulus and Pisang peaks.
Adventure continues with a climb over the highest point of our trip at Thorang-La Pass of above 5,416 m high with incredible views of mountains on both sides of the pass top and then heading downhill to reach at holy Muktinath temple areas and further walks leads at Kaligandaki River valley to end the walk at charming town in Jomsom famous for delicious apples and its products. From Jomsom a short scenic flight brings you at scenic Pokhara located on the laps of Annapurna Himalaya and Machhapuchare "Fish Tail" peak that reflects on its pristine Phewa and Begnas Lakes.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Syange 1,140m via Beshisahar - 08 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Tal 1,700 m - 07 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Temang 2,720 m - 08 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Chame 2,640m - 03 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Pisang 3,190 m - 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to manang 3,540 m - 06 hrs.
Day 08: Acclimatization day at Manang with short hikes.
Day 09: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,210 m - 06 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Thorang- La High Camp or Phedi 4,450 m - 05 hrs.
Day 11: Cross Thorag La 5,416 m and trek to Muktinath 3,800m-09 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Jomsom 2,713 m - 06 hrs.
Day 13: Fly to Pokhara 820 m - 22 mins and transfer to hotel.
Day 14: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
Day 15: Final departure.
Day 01: Drive to Syange 1,140 m - 08 hrs.
Starting this wonderful adventure with an interesting overland drive towards Nepal mid west, leading to Besisar town (headquarter of Lamjung district). From here transfer to another vehicle and continue drive on dirt road passing villages of Khudi, Bulbule and Ngadi following the Marshyangdi River upstream.Drive continues through rice terraces fields and villages to Syange a small village for overnight stop in the comfort of nice lodge.
Day 02: Trek to Dharapani 1,943 m - 06 hrs.
From Syange our walk begins with climb leaving Marshyangdi River behind reaching at Jagat village, a farm village with many lodges for trekkers.After Jagat walk leads on winding path to Chamje, and back at Marshyangdi River crossing to east side into forested area, with super views of Annapurna and Manaslu mountain ranges.As the walk continues reaching a nice village at Tal Besi, from here another 3 hours walk leads to our overnight stop at Dharapani village.Dharapani a nice village located on a junction of Annapurna circuit and Manaslu trekking trail.
Day 03: Trek to Chame 2,720m - 07 hrs.
After Dharapani walk leads into rhododendron and pine forest passing villages of Bagarchap and Danque, then at Timang village with more Buddhist cultured village including views of Mt. Manaslu 8,163m / 26,781ft. From Timang village few hours trek leads to Koto and then to Chame town for overnight stop, Chame a large major town of Manang area and a head quarter town of the district.
Day 04: Trek to Pisang 3,190 m - 05 hrs.
From Pisang onwards walk leads close to mountains through alpine forests of rhododendron and pine trees, following Marshyangdi River upstream with short ups and down hills to Bhratang village. From Bhratang village walk follows uphill through alpine woodland to Dhukure Pokhari a small place with few teahouses and lodge overlooking Chulu’s and Pisang peak, with possible lunch stop, and then descends to lower Pisang village for overnight stop.
Day 05: Trek to Manang 3,540 m - 04 hrs.
Morning views of mountains, from here onward altitude gains as the walk leads through forest with short uphill and views of Annapurna II and III, Gangapurna Chulu’s and Pisang peak. Walk downhill to reach flat valley at Hongde village, from here onward tree lines fades for barren, arid landscapes with cold, dry arctic climate.Before Manang, visit old Braga monastery with old Buddhist relics, ancient wall painting and frescos and stunning views of Annapurna Himalaya, from here an hour walk reaches at Manang village.
Day 06: Acclimatization day at Manang with short hikes
A necessary rest day at Manang for acclimatization before reaching higher areas to Thorang-la pass, in Manang short hike around Manang village, this is a large village situated on windswept valley by the bank of Marshyangdi River below Annapurna and Gangapurna mountain range, a nice walk uphill for views of Gangapurna Glacier and Manang glacial Lake.
Day 07: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,210 m - 04 hrs.
After a good rest at Manang, walk towards Ghunsang village with short uphill to reach at Yak Kharka, an interesting walk with views of snowcapped mountains, on crossing a small stream reaching Yak Kharka for overnight stop, a small settlement with views of Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Chulu Peaks.
Day 08: Trek to Thorang- La High Camp or Phedi 4,450 m - 04 hrs.
Morning walk lead to more high elevation getting closer at the base of Thorang-la after crossing a bridge with a climb along the river bank of Jarjung, finally walk leads at Thorung Phedi, here depending upon the physical conditions of the clients, if all goes well an hour steep climb to Thorang High Camp for overnight stop.
Day 09: Cross Thorong La 5,416m | 17,769 ft and trek to Muktinath 3,800 m - 06 hrs.
One of the highlight and Big Day of this adventure! After early breakfast walk leads to a long climb to Thorang-la on steep winding path to reach Thoraung La Pass at 5,416 m / 17,769 ft.The highest point of the adventure with views of snowcapped peaks, and then with long descends to reach at holy Muktinath around Lower Mustang area.On reaching Muktinath for overnight stop, this is a holy spot for both Hindus and Buddhists the word Muktinath literally means ‘the place for Nirvana or Liberation’.
Day 10: Trek to Jomsom 2, 715 m - 04 hours.
After Muktinath, rest of the journey is easier with moderate walks all the way with a big drop of 1,200m downhill to Kaligandaki river valley, this pleasant walk leads to Kaligandaki river valley, from here walk to Jomsom, headquarter town of Mustang area with a small airstrip above Kaligandaki River. At Jomsom a nice town with paved streets and well kept lodges celebrate with local apple products cider, brandy and juice this area from Jomsom-Marpha- Kagbeni to Larjung is famous for delicious apples.
Day 11: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara 860 m - 20 mins flight.
Early breakfast and transfer to Jomsom airport for sweeping short flight of 25 minutes to Pokhara, during airborne spectacular views of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiris and Annapurna range of mountains with rolling hills dotted with farm villages,On reaching Pokhara airport transfer to respective hotels by the serene lake Phewa, afternoon free for individual activities or just relax and enjoy the views of the Annapurna Himalaya.
Day 12: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu.
Morning a scenic drive to back Kathmandu with grand memories of this fantastic and exciting Annapurna Short Circuit trekking, an interesting six hour brings you back in Kathmandu with afternoon free at leisure for shopping souvenirs .
(Options of flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu of 30 mins)
- Airport pick-up and drop-off services by car/van
- Trekking guide/s
- Porter/s (1 porter carries 20 kilograms of luggage)
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Accommodation in teahouses (lodges) during the trek
- Sleeping bags, down jackets, duffle bags and trekking sticks etc.
- Entry Permit for Annapurna conservation Area
- Trekkers' Information Management system (TIMS) card
- Flight ticket from Jomsom to Pokhara
- All land transportation wherever applicable
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast
- Insurance and equipments for the trekking staffs
- First aid kit
- Rescue assistance (Should any emergency arise during your trek, we will provide prompt and professional rescue and medical services. For this, it would be better to have your own travel insurance that can cover helicopter evacuation and medical treatment cost incase required.)
- One farewell dinner in Kathmandu with live cultural performance at authentic Nepali restaurant on the last evening
- Souvenir (t-shirt, mug, pen, bag, etc.)
- Personal nature expenses
- Drinks, beverages, hot shower, etc.
- Travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara
- Meals and hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
- Support and co-operate responsible tourism and eco-trekking respecting and preserving the Himalayan pristine environment from destruction.
- Assuring all that every trips will be memorable with enjoyable time with us here at Awesome Nepal.
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu and Pokhara at cheaper prices, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
- Buff headwear /neckwear
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Head torch
- Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof/windproof jacket
- Down filled jacket
- Lightweight cotton pants (long)
- Waterproof Pants
- Thermal underwear
- Thin inner socks
- Thick and warm wool hiking socks
- Comfortable Hiking boots
- Sneakers /slippers
- Gore-tex gloves
- Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
- Trekking bags/duffel bag
- Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
- Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
- Water bottle or camel bag