Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
‘a scenic and cultural trek around central Himalaya within Langtang Himal high ridges’
- An enjoyable and scenic country walks on high valley of great Langtang Himal
- Exploring high country villages of Tamang Buddhist heritage and cultures
- Walking into lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees
- Breathtaking panorama of Ganesh-Langtang and Jugal mountain range
- Adventure on high ridges of Langtang Himal visiting holy Gosainkund lake
Langtang Himal & Holy Gosainkund Trekking a mesmerizing adventure full of excitement moment with Awesome Nepal Treks, where our expert guide will provides you with immense information of the wonderful Langtang Himal & Holy Gosainkund Trekking on daily scenic walks. An enjoyable and fabulous country walks towards North of Kathmandu around massive Central Himalayan range of mountains within beautiful Langtang Valley and its high ridges where walk leads you into Tamang traditional villages of Buddhist culture with ancient Tibetan Bon sect practiced to this day, worship of natural environment and sacred elements.
This fantastic Langtang Himal & Holy Gosainkund Trekking also leads you to enjoy enchanting forest covered with tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-birch and pines trees with bamboos where elusive Red Panda dwells but rarely seen during trekking in and around its complete wilderness surrounding. Journey to Langtang Himal & Holy Gosainkund trekking offers exciting and wonderful two weeks of memorable adventure of a life time experience where all types of travelers can join in, to explore the culture, pristine wilderness in the shade of giant peaks from Manaslu-Ganesh-Langtang to Jugal Himal range of mountains.
Starting the journey from Kathmandu with interesting drive leading north around Rasuwa district within Langtang areas at Dhunche town and Syabrubesi village, where our adventure leads first at scenic and picturesque to Kyanjin Gompa around beautiful Langtang Valley. After a great enjoyable time with rest days heading higher towards holy Gosainkund with a sacred glacial pond, where in the month of August in full moon (Janai Purnima) great colorful festival takes places where Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims visits to worship the spiritual spot with a holy dip in the pond. From Gosainkund our adventure carries on crossing over the high Gosainkund pass or East Laurabinaya-La at 4,600 m /15,091 ft high to reach eastern high hills of Kathmandu valley at Chisopani located on a ridge with stunning views of sunrise over chain of peaks.
Finally our fascinating and remarkable Langtang Himal & Holy Gosainkund Trekking concludes at Sundarijal with short drive back to Kathmandu, after a wonderful and exciting time on the high ridges of Langtang and Central Himalaya range of mountains.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,470 m - 08 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,350 m - 07 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village 3,500m - 07 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,749m - 04 hrs.
Day 07: Rest-Day for acclimatization at leisure for hike around.
Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,350m - 07 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Upper Syabru village 2,118m - 06 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Sing Gompa 3,254 m - 05 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Holy Gosainkund 4,381m - 05 hrs.
Day 12: Cross Gosainkund pass 4,600m and trek to Ghopte 3,430m - 7 hrs
Day 13: Trek to Kutumsang 2,471 m - 06 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Chisopani 2,110 m -06 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Sundarijal 1,463m - 04 hrs walk, an hour drive to Kathmandu.
Day 16: International departure for home ward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by our staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the heart of Kathmandu city, after getting refreshed our guide briefs with information regarding Langtang & Gosainkund Trekking, lodge on route with do and don’ts with evening group welcome dinner.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
A free day in Kathmandu to relieve you from jetlag on long flights, our morning sightseeing tour starts after breakfast in the hotel, where you will be engrossed with tour around world heritage sites around Kathmandu visiting Old Durbar (palace) Square, and ancient stupa of Swayambhunath, after a tour head back to hotel with preparation for Langtang & Gosainkund Trekking. (other options on tour of Hindu Holy Temple of Pashupatinath dedicated to Lord Shiva and Bouddhanath large Buddhist Stupa the area also known as Little Tibet)
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,470 m via Trisuli and Dhunche town 1,950 - 06 hrs. Morning travel by private coach or local bus (depending upon the size of the group) with an exciting overland drive on main Kathmandu to Dhunche-Syabrubesi highway, leading through Himalayan foothills, on reaching at Trisuli Bazaar within warm sub-tropical our journey continues uphill on winding road towards cooler area past many farm villages and town to reach at Dhunche at the height of 1,950 m. Headquarter and main town of Rasuwa district of Langtang area where Langtang National Park begins.
From Dhunche drive leads downhill on zig-zag road to reach at Syabrubesi village the home of Tamang tribe people in the shade of Ganesh and Langtang Himal, overnight in a nice cozy lodge at Syabrubesi.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,200m - 06 hrs.
The trek from Syabrubesi is quite pleasant with few up climbs for a while but the rest of the walk is gradual on the winding trail through the terraced farm fields and villages, as the trail descends and joins the path coming from upper Syabru at the Riverside Lodge near the place of Bamboo, the trek from here leads to cool forest in the gorge following the torrent glacial river Trisuli upstream, the walk is more or less an uphill climb in the cool shade of rhododendron and oaks forest after six hours walk reaching a small clearing at Lama-Hotel.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village 3, 307m - 05 hrs.
From here few hours morning walk to Ghoretabela for lunch stop amidst lovely forest of pines, hemlocks and rhododendron from here onwards you can feel the altitude also.
After a pleasant break here, trek continues on the trail to Langtang and its beautiful valley, the walk for an hour is pleasant in the cool shade of alpine woodland, after a small stream leaving the tree line behind the path leads uphill for an hour, then walk gets better on gradual trail with few ups and down to Langtang village for overnight stop.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,749 m - 04 hours.
From Langtang village walk on nice path and then on uphill trail for few hours following “mani-prayer wall” where walking clockwise direction a positive way in respect to Buddhist religion, walk leads further east as the valley opens up with views of snow capped peaks.
After few hours of gentle walk with views brings you at Kyanjin Gompa a charming and scenic spot with beautiful views of Langtang Lirung of above 7,000m and its icefall at close distance Kyanjin Gompa, surrounded by a ridge formed by glacial moraine of rocks and boulders.
Day 07: Rest day for acclimatization and for hike around.
At leisure, a well deserved rest day here visit a small Cheese factory or walk up to Tsego-Ri or Kyngin Ri at above 4,700 m / 15,420ft which will add more heights of this adventure offers stunning panorama of snow capped mountains.
Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel 2, 350 m - 06 hrs.
After a wonderful time at Kyanjin, retrace the journey back on same route to Lama-Hotel a small settlement in the midst of the forest at the bank of upper Trisuli River.
Day 09: Trek to Upper / Thulo Syabru village 2,118m -06 hrs.
The trek today follows the same route for an hour, then after the bridge the walk is pleasant through the rain and bamboo forest, after leaving the river way down below, the climb starts uphill through the landslide bit of rocks and boulders, passing through farm terraces to Upper Syabru is reached also called Thulo Syabru means bigger, the village with row of houses located on a ridge with a monastery.
Day 10: Trek to Singh Gompa 3,254m or Chandanbari - 05 hrs.
Morning walk leads uphill on winding path above the monastery and then gaining more height facing views of Ganesh-Himal, Manaslu, Langtang and Annapurna range towards far west, after a few refreshing stops at teahouses on route, journey continues with an hour uphill from the farmlands and into cool alpine forest and then reaching at Singh Gompa for overnight stop near its old monastery.
Day 11: Trek to Holy Gosainkund Lake (4,381m | 14,373ft) -05 hrs.
From Singh Gompa, walk leads to Gosainkund, starting with a climb into pine and rhododendron forest then over west Laurabinaya pass at above 3,932 m, walk leads past Laurabinaya and Cholang Pati, after Laurabinaya with fantastic views of Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung reaching at holy Gosainkund a glacial pond for overnight stop.
The legendry and myth story of this holy place as per ancient Hindu epic, Gosainkund a pond believes as the vicarage of Lord Shiva (one of three main Hindu deities) and Goddess Gauri. Hindu believes that this pristine pond was formed due to digging of the land by Trishul (a holy Trident) weapon of Lord Shiva, thousands of Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims from India and Nepal visits Gosainkund every year especially on full moon day which lies in the month of August, the special auspicious occasion of ‘Janai Purnima’ festival.
Day 12: Cross Laurabinaya-la / Gosainkund pass at 4,600m to Ghopte 3,430m.
After a pleasant and enjoyable stop at Gosainkund, a tough morning walk to climb over Eastern Laurabinaya-la or Gosainkund pass at above 4,600 m / 15,091 ft, highest point of the adventure as the walk leads past Ganesh and Surya Kund.
From the pass downhill all the way with few short ups and down to overnight stop at Gopte Odar, a small settlement located in the middle of forest on route Kathmandu and Helambu area.
Day 13: Trek to Kutumsang 2,471 m - 06 hrs.
From Ghopte, morning walk leading son winding trail most of the way with short steep climb to Thadepati, where Helambu and Kathmandu trekking trail joins.
Thadepati offers views of peaks and scenery of rolling hills and valley, this place with 5-6 lodges and teahouses, after a nice break walk leads downhill to Kutumsang village for overnight stop.
Day 14: Trek to Chisopani 2,110 m - 06 hrs.
After Kutumsang village, morning walk with uphill through farm fields, then into forest with views of surrounding landscapes and snowcapped mountains of Ganesh-Langtang to Jugal Himal, this pleasant walk leads past Gulphu-Bhanjyang village, then reaching closer to Kathmandu valley with overnight stop at Chisapani, after a walk uphill through farmlands and villages with wonderful views to Patibanjayang village, a nice small village from here uphill for an hour to Chisopani danda for last overnight stop.
Chisopani village with nice lodges located on a high ridge North of Kathmandu Valley on route Langtang, Helambu and Nagarkot, offers stunning sunrise and sunset views over array of mountains.
Day 15: Trek to Sundarijal 1,463 m -04 hrs walk, an hour drive to Kathmandu.
After catching early morning stunning sunrise over mountains, last day walk of this adventure leads to nice pleasant walk into forested areas and farmlands with downhill walk, passing Tamang villages of Burlang and Chepu Bhanjyang with views of Kathmandu Valley. Walk continues downhill to Sundarijal (meaning beautiful water) a nice and pleasant place with forest and fresh water streams.
From here an hour downhill to reach northern rim of Kathmandu valley at Sundarijal, taking a short drive to Kathmandu where this wonderful adventure concludes, afternoon free for individual activities and shopping.
Day 16: International departure homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal, the land of Himalayan wonders after wonderful experience and fond memories of Langtang & Gosainkund Trekking around great Central Himalaya region, our staff transfer you to airport as per your time for international flight for your final departure towards homeward bound.
- Airport picks up/ transfer
- 2 nights standard accomodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Langtang National Park fee, permit/TIMS Card- Trekkers Security Card
- Kathmandu- Syprubesi, Dhunche- Kathmandu by comfortable public bus
- Full board of meals(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, tea coffee)
- accommodation twin share- comfortable and clean (two nights attached bath)
- One English speaking guide, his entire expenses, equipment and insurance
- Entire cost of porter and Sherpa’s- one porter for each two member in a group
- All the Gov and local taxes
- Duffle bag and T- shirt
- Down Jacket and Sleeping Bags
- Group medicine kit box
- High altitude chamber bag for trek safety (available on above 4 pax)
- Departure transfer
- Nepal Visa, in/out flight to Kathmandu
- Your meals at Kathmandu, except provided dinner and breakfast
- Entire beverages, mineral water, beer etc. while on trek
- Travel Insurance(Must include Helicopter evacuation and trip cancellation)
- Personal Nature Expenses
- Any Extending Trips.
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
- Support and co-operate responsible tourism and eco-trekking respecting and preserving the Himalayan pristine environment from destruction.
- Assuring all that every trips will be memorable with enjoyable time with us here at Awesome Nepal.
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu at cheaper prices, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
- Buff headwear /neckwear
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Head torch
- Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof/windproof jacket
- Down filled jacket
- Lightweight cotton pants (long)
- Waterproof Pants
- Thermal underwear
- Thin inner socks
- Thick and warm wool hiking socks
- Comfortable Hiking boots
- Sneakers /slippers
- Gore-tex gloves
- Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
- Trekking bags/duffel bag
- Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
- Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
- Water bottle or camel bag
Name : Jose Antonio Litran