Rapid Everest Base Camp Trek-11 Days
“Adventure on high Khumbu valley with ever exciting Everest base camp
Exploring high altitude Sherpa villages enriched with ancient culture of Buddhist religion
Walking into lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and junipers trees
Visiting old monasteries of great interest within the backdrop of high mountains
Scenic panoramic flight both ways with amazing views during airborne with series of peaks”.
Rapid Everest Base Camp Trekking, an adventure for veteran adventurer and sporty types of people where you can walk for ten to eleven days of wonderful trekking, a record to Everest base camp and back to Lukla at minimum number of days.Rapid Everest Base Camp Trekking, joining in this awesome adventure one needs to be very fit physically and in sound health, as this trek we have planned with minimum number of days so that you can cover all the scenic and exciting places around beautiful Khumbu valley and Everest region never missing the charm of high Himalayan mountains with local colorful Sherpa culture.
This fast and super walks on Rapid Everest Trekking starting from Lukla town after taking scenic flight from Kathmandu and the walk leads on gradual trail for some days, as the trek progress entering lovely Sherpa villages at famous Namche Bazaar where interesting, busy Saturday market takes place.
From Namche onward with touch of high altitude where the going can be slow as you acclimatize during overnight stops and on walks and then finally reaching at our goal and aim of the adventure at Everest base camp with super views of Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers.Our return trek speeds on going downhill with a climb of Kalapathar the highest point of the adventure at 5,545 m high with sweeping views of high mountains with Everest at near distance, walk leads to long descend to Lukla where you catch the early flight back to Kathmandu, after a super adventure on Express Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Day 01: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m and walk to Phakding 2,640 m - 03 hrs
Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 05 hrs.
Day 03: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
Day 04: Trek to Thyangboche 3,867 m - 05hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Dingboche 4,260 m - 05hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m - 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,364 m and return to Gorakshep 5,180 m - 06 hrs.
Day 08: Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m trek to Pangboche 3,900 m - 06 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 06 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Lukla and transfer to lodge -06 hrs.
Day11 : Lukla – Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft): 35 min flight.
Day 01: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m and walk to Phakding 2,640 m - 03 hrs.
Mornings, flight to Lukla with views of mountain range including Mt. Everest, after 30 mins of great flight reaching at Lukla with its unique airstrip a gateway Sherpa town to Everest base camp and other adventure destination.
At Lukla prepare for first day pleasant walk towards Phakding after a leisure stop, an easy and moderate walk where the path lead past Sherpa farm villages with nice and scenic walk of short ups and down with wonderful views along the walk entering into patch of green alpine woodland following Dudh Kosi a glacial River upstream and crossing several suspension bridges to reach at Phakding for overnight stop after a pleasant walk of 3-4 hours.Rest of the afternoon free at ease to enjoy this Sherpa town and to get acclimatize and witness the exciting life of the Sherpa people in the comfort of nice and cozy lodge.
Day 02:Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 05 hrs.
After breakfast , we commence our trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m.). The trail goes along the right bank of Dudh Koshi. Thamserku is standing majestically skyward on the opposite bank. We then reach Bengar. The trail now climbs from the riverbed on the left bank into the mountain, through a forest to Chumoa. We continue along the trail with many ups and downs; cross a stream, and pass by the tiny village Monjo. We then come to Sagarmatha National Park Service where a park entrance fee is to be deposited. We follow a short walk along the riverbed of this valley where the major river meets each other. Crossing over the Hillary bridge, trek begin steep ascent to Namche Bazar. On the way, we would have excellent views of Everest (8848m) and Lhotse (8516m.). Surrounded on three sides by mountain ranges, Namche Bazar (3440m) is a central hub of the area for food, trekking gears and other necessary goods.
A perfect place for rest day for proper acclimatization before heading higher area, morning a short hike to Everest View Hotel or walk up on top a hill of Namche for views of Everest, Amadablam and adjoining peaks, visit the museum with wide information of the Khumbu areas.
Day 03: Acclimatization and excursion at Namche
Namche Bazaar is at 3,440m,this level is above mountain sickness threshold. Today will be spent resting and allowing our bodies to become acclimatized to the lofty altitude.Go high and sleep low is the best way to acclimatize,best acclimatization hike for the day we recommend is to Everest view hotel,a perfect place for proper speed acclimatization before heading higher area, morning hike to Everest View Hotel which is about 2 hrs uphill walk,great spot for magnificent view of Mt Everest,Lhotse ,Amadablam and adjoining peaks of the Khumbu Himalayan panorama.
Check out the Sherpa museum for an overview of the Sherpa culture and history of mountaineering. On Saturdays, the Hatt Bazaar is open for trading and an intimate look at the locals’ marketplace. It is part of the larger Namche Bazaar, a shopping hub filled with all manner of trekking and mountaineering clothing and equipment.
Day 04:Trek to Thyangboche 3,867 m - 05hrs.
From Namche on gradual scenic path with downhill to Imjatse river at Phunge-Tenga for lunch, and then uphill through rhododendron, pines, firs tree forest with views of snowcapped peaks.On reaching Thyangboche visit famous Buddhist monastery with magnificent panorama of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Kangtenga, Thamasarku, Kwande and majestic Amadablam.
Afternoon with time for tour of the monastery, which was burnt by accidental fire in 1991 at present back into normal form, where you witness young monks and elderly priest and Lama on evening prayer.
Day 05: Trek to Dingboche 4,260 m - 05hrs.
Morning downhill walk for few hours over Imjatse River, after the bridge walk on an open country where tree lines fades for few short juniper and dwarf rhododendron bushes, uphill for a while to reach at Pangboche village at 3,900 meters. Last permanent village before Dingboche and beyond, from here a slow climb to Somara for lunch and continue walk with climb to Dingboche village for overnight stop, located in Imjatse valley with panorama of mountains.
Day 06: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m - 05 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight stop at Dingboche morning walks with steep climb for an hour commanding excellent views, and then on gentle trail to Thugla for lunch where Khumbu glacier melts into a raging river, here trail from Pheriche joins after a break a steep climb for an hour to Thugla pass, with stone memorials of unfortunate climbers who died climbing Mt. Everest, Lhotse and other high mountains. From here a nice pleasant walk brings to Lobuche for overnight stop.
Day 07: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5364 m and return to Gorakshep 5,180 m - 06 hrs.
Today our Rapid Everest Base Camp trekking leads to our final destination as the walk proceeds with short steep climb in between over glacier and moraine, reaching Gorakshep, beneath Mt. Pumori and Kalapathar.Walk continues towards Everest Base Camp, at base camp enjoy the view of notorious Khumbu Ice Fall and glaciers, after a grand time with experience of a lifetime adventure at base camp retrace the journey back to Gorakshep for overnight halt.
Day 08:Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m trek to Pangboche 3,900 m - 06 hrs.
Early morning hike on top Kalapathar at 5,545 meters, highest point of this adventure with marvelous views of mountains including Mt. Everest at mere distance, after a great scenic moment descend to Gorakshep for breakfast and continue walk to Thugla, then downhill to Pheriche around windy valley with nice scenic walk towards Pheriche with nice lodges and health post established by HRA (Himalayan Rescue Association).From Pheriche with rest and continue walk downhill towards Pangboche village for overnight stop beneath towering Amadablam peak with views of Everest.
Day 09: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 09 hrs.
Return journey is much easier losing heights every hour, walking downhill with few short ups to the bridge with an hour climb to Thyangboche Monastery back into green woodland with super views of mountains that surrounds this beautiful spot.From here descend to Imjatse River, with steep climb for an hour to Sanasa, from here on gradual path with short ups and downs to Namche Bazaar for overnight stop.
Day 10: Trek to Lukla - 04 hrs.
Morning walk on downhill path to reach at Dudh Kosi River gorge as the walk leads with short climb to Monjo after Sagarmatha National Park and then reaching at Phakding. From here retrace the journey back to Lukla with last uphill to Lukla where you can celebrate last night dinner with fellow trekkers and staff.
Day 11: International departure homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal in the land of Himalayan wonders, after wonderful experience and fond memories of Everest Base Camp trekking, our staff transfer you to airport as per your time for international flight for your final departure towards homeward bound.
- Domestic airport transfers
- Flights Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
- All necessary paper work and permits (National Park permit and TIMS)
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered trekking guide and local porters to carry luggage(2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide and porter salaries, insurance, equipment, transport, food and lodging
- Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)at your choice with Tea/Coffee
- 5 Nights attached bathroom (Twin room)and remaining share toilet (twin Room)
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Trekking equipment such as down filled sleeping bag,and duffel bag
- Souvenir;Everest Base Camp Route map printed Polo Shirt
- Meals and Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Deserts (cakes, bakes and pies)
- Additional Hot Drinks
- Bottled drinks
- Boiled water
- Electronic device re-charge
- Hot shower
- Wi Fi
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
- Support and co-operate responsible tourism and eco-trekking respecting and preserving the Himalayan pristine environment from destruction.
- Assuring all that every trips will be memorable with enjoyable time with us here at Awesome Nepal Treks.
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu at cheaper prices, remember Nepal is the home of Mount Everest, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
Buff headwear /neckwear
Sun hat or scarf
Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
• Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
• Fleece jacket
• Waterproof/windproof jacket
• Down filled jacket
• Lightweight cotton pants (long)
• Waterproof Pants
• Thin inner socks
• Thick and warm wool hiking socks
• Comfortable Hiking boots
• Gore-tex gloves
• Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
• Trekking bags/duffel bag
• Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
• Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
• Water bottle or camel bag