Annapurna Base Camp Trek
"adventure in the heart of Mt. Annapurna with stunning sunrise view from scenic Poonhill"
- Enjoyable and scenic country walks to Poon Hill with striking sunrise over Annapurna Himalaya.
- Exploring high hills Gurung and Poon Magar traditional villages enriched with ancient culture.
- Walking into lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees.
- Breathtaking views of snowcapped peaks at Annapurna base camp and beautiful sanctuary.
- Starting and ending our scenic adventure from picturesque holiday spot at Pokhara.
Annapurna Base Camp 13 days,a great combination where you will have to enjoy the views and culture around the high green hills within massive Annapurna mountain range. Our fabulous walk leads at first to Ghorepani Poonhill through enchanting wood land of rhododendron-magnolia-pines and fir trees lines, where in spring and summer times this whole place turns into a natural garden with wild flowers in full bloom.This area regarded as world largest natural garden with its tall trees to bushes rhododendron flowers (national flower of Nepal), a great contrast with white snow capped peaks truly a photographers, naturalist and botanical paradise.
Within this beautiful natural garden a stunning and popular view point Poonhill top is located where you can hike to the top at 3,210 m high for 0utstanding and striking sunrise views over great Himalayan peaks. After a great moment at Poonhill heading towards our next highlight to Annapurna base camp within marvelous and beautiful sanctuary. Our walk leads through enchanting forested areas passing number of farm villages and at Chhomrong one of the large village around Annapurna region and the gateway to Annapurna base camp.
As the walk progress following Modi River gorge right up to its glacial source at Annapurna base camp within scenic Sanctuary encircled by amphitheatre of peaks. You can enjoy the magnificent mountain views in the comfort of nice and cozy lodge at base camp. Probably the only base camp in whole Himalaya region with facilities of lodge and inns. Annapurna base camp the highest spot of the adventure overlooking grand scenery of mountains that surrounds you at base camp.After a wonderful time around Annapurna Base Camp & Poonhill our return journey leads to lovely scenic walk back to Pokhara enjoying time at Jhinu village with its hot spring and then downhill to warmer areas to conclude this magnificent adventure at Pokhara.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara 820m (220 k.m) - 07 hrs.
Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tikhedhunga 1,440m - 05 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Ghorepani 2,860m - 08 hrs.
Day 05: Visit Poonhill and trek to Tadapani 2,630m - 07 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Chhomrong village at 2,170m - 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Himalaya Hotel 2,840m - 08 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130 m -08 hrs.
Day 09: Trek back to Bamboo 2,310m - 07 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Jhinu Danda (hot-spring) 1,780 m - 05 hrs
Day 11: Trek to road head and drive to Pokhara - 06 hrs.
Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
Day 13: International departure for home ward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu Tribhuwan International Airport, received by our staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the heart of Kathmandu city, after getting refreshed brief with information regarding ABC Trekking and evening group welcome dinner.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara 820m ,7-8 hrs journey distance 220 k.m.
Morning travel by private coach or in tourist bus (depending upon the size of the group) with an exciting overland drive on main Kathmandu to Pokhara highway, leading through Himalayan foothills, on reaching at Pokhara transfer to respective hotels by the beautiful Phewa Lake with afternoon free for short walks. (Options by Air 30 minutes scenic flight to Pokhara).
Day 03: Drive to Nayapul (trekking point) and trek to Tikhedhunga 1,440 m - 05 hrs
We begin our trek at Nayapul after 1:30 hours drive along the snake line road to Nayapul on a private vehicle from Pokhara. After a short 25-minute walk along the banks of the Modi River, we reach Birethanti (1,015 m) a large village lies at the confluence of Bhurungdi khola and Glacial Modi river.. From there walk starts past several farm villages with scenic waterfalls,the trail continues through the village and follows the north bank of the Bhurungdi Khola. The trail climbs steadily up the side of the valley to Hille at 1,495 m and after a short climb, we reach Tikhedhunga at 1,570 m. Today’s walk is relatively short and easy, a overture to the trekking experience in the Annapurna region.
Day 04:Trek to Ghorepani 2,850m - 08 hrs.
Morning starting with a climb to a series of stone steps for two hour to Ulleri village, a moderate size Gurung village of traditional Nepali hill with slated roofs. From here walk leads to a slow climb into pristine and cool rhododendron, pine forest area to reach Ghorepani village, located on a high ridge within beautiful rhododendron trees. Ghorepani village mostly inhabited by Poon of Magar tribe, a famous and popular place for Poonhill view top an hour hike uphill.
Day 05:Visit Poonhill and trek to Tadapani 2,640m - 07 hrs.
Early morning before sunrise hike to Poonhill view point for stunning views of sunrise over range of mountains from world 7th highest Dhaulagiri-10th highest Annapurna with range of peaks includes world 8th highest Manaslu with towering Machhapuchhre peak “Fish Tail”. After an exciting and marvelous time with memorable views from Poonhill, return to Ghorepani and continue climb into green forest of rhododendron for two hour to Deurali top and then descend into a gorge through cool forest to Tadapani for overnight stop.
Day 06: Trek to Chhomrong village 2,170m - 06 hrs.
After a pleasant morning with views of Annapurna South-Huinchuli and Fish Tail peaks our walk leads towards Annapurna base camp route with overnight stop at Chomrong village where walk leads downhill into serene forest to reach at Ghurjung village and then with steep climb above Kimrong valley through terraced farm areas after an hour uphill reaching a level ground with stone paved path, and then a gradual walk leads at the top of Chhomrong with short descend to reach the main Chhomrong village for overnight stop. This is a large and last permanent Gurung village before Annapurna base camp other places on route beyond Chhomrong are temporary settlement to cater the need of trekkers with lodge and guest houses all the way to Annapurna base camp.
Day 07: Trek to Himalaya Hotel 2,840m - 08 hrs.
Morning walk downhill to a river, then crossing a short bridge heading up to reach at Sinuwa at 2,360 m high, a lonely spot with few shops and nice lodges walk from here leads into cool forested area of oaks-rhododendron and pines trees and then a short steep descend to Bamboo a small settlement with 5-6 lodges surrounded by bamboo trees, on Modi River gorge. After Bamboo an hour or more of slow climb brings to Dovan, after a pleasant stop at Dovan with the sound of raging Modi River, our end of the walk leads higher through thick forested area reaching at Himalaya Hotel located beneath Hiunchuli peak and large overhanging Hinko Cave.
Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130m - 08 hrs.
After a nice overnight stop at Himalaya Hotel with the sound of raging Modi River, morning walk leads higher, starting first with downhill towards near Modi River after crossing ablation of old avalanches of rocky moraine, then a short climb brings at Deurali after leaving the gorge area to more wide open area. From Deurali after lunch stop heading higher leaving the tree lines behind following the raging glacial Modi River all the way to Machhapuchhre base camp at 3,700 m high, located beneath towering North Face of the Fish Tail Mountain. Adventure carries on towards famous and picturesque Annapurna Sanctuary where Annapurna BC located. MBC the starting point of the sanctuary, as the walk leads higher ground for few hours and then entering the sanctuary with amphitheatre of peaks that surrounds this amazing place. After few hours of pleasant walk brings you to the highest spot of this adventure at Annapurna base camp with 4,130 meters elevation. Afternoon enjoy and relax overlooking Annapurna I (8,091m / 26,545ft) Annapurna South (7,219m-23,693ft), Gangapurna (7,455m-24,457ft) and Annapurna III (7,555m-24,787ft), including to Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fish-tail) at 6,790 m stretches up towards Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli and Fluted Peaks or Singu Chuli.
Day 09: Trek back to Bamboo 2,310 m - 07 hrs.
We will savour sunrise view over Annapurna Himalaya early morning ,after most memorable and enjoyable time at base camp within Annapurna Sanctuary retrace the journey back walking downhill back into tree lines with few short ups to reach at Bamboo.
Day 10:Trek to Jhinu Danda (hot-spring) 1,780m - 05 hrs.
From Bamboo on leaving Modi River gorge climb leads up to Khuldi-Ghar into forested area, and then a short gradual walk to Sinuwa danda, from here descend to Chhomrong Khola and then climb on steps to Chhomrong for lunch stop.After Chhomrong , changing our direction from here with an alternative route to reach Pokhara, a short downhill walk brings at scenic and lovely Jhinu village for overnight stop, located on a ridge top with views of surrounding landscapes and rolling green hills. A short descend of 25 minutes reaches you at hot-spring by the Modi River.
Day 11:Trek to road head and drive to Pokhara - 06 hrs.
With enjoyable and refreshing time at Jhinu with natural hot spring leaving the high hills for warmer areas, changing our new direction from here onward on an alternative route to reach Pokhara, a short downhill walk brings a another Nayapul (New Bridge), from here back to a small village at Siwai for the drive back to Pokhara after completing a wonderful and fabulous time up in the high mountains.
Day 12:Drive or fly back to Kathmandu.
Morning a scenic drive to back Kathmandu with grand memories of this fantastic and exciting time on Annapurna Base Camp & Poon Hill trekking, an interesting six hour brings you back in Kathmandu with afternoon free at leisure for shopping souvenirs .
(Options of flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu of 30 mins)
Day 13: International departure homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal in the land of Himalayan wonders, after wonderful experience and fond memories of Poon Hill Panorama Trekking around great Annapurna Himalaya, our staff transfer you to airport as per your time for international flight for your final departure towards homeward bound.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car.
- 2 nights twin sharing standard accommodation in Kathmandu on breakfast basis.
- 2 nights twin sharing standard hotel in Pokhara on breakfast basis.
- Farewell dinner after the trek.
- Full board meal (B+L+D) on your choice from the menu.
- All tea or coffee during the trek.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara & return by regular tourist bus.
- Pokhara to Nayapul( Trekking starting point) & return by private car.
- Mountain accomodation.
- Annapurna Trekking permit,'Tims(Trekkers' Information Management System )
- Attached bathroom in Ghorepani,Chhomrong and hot spring village.
- One Guide: An experienced, helpful and friendly .
- Porters (1 porter for 2 clients) from Pokhara to Pokhara .
- all guide or porters salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and Insurance during the trek
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes and local service charge
- Nepal Visa fee ( Nepal provides on arrival visa in Immigration, bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs,)
- City entrance fees
- City tour guide
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Meal in city like Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Extra calculate for additional programs as per above itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Tips for guides and porters.
- Personal expenses (Pot of tea, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, wifi service etc)
- All other things that are not listed in include section.
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
- Support and co-operate responsible tourism and eco-trekking respecting and preserving the Himalayan pristine environment from destruction.
- Assuring all that every trips will be memorable with enjoyable time with us here at Awesome Nepal.
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu and Pokhara at cheaper prices, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
- Buff headwear /neckwear
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Head torch
- Cotton T-shirts / Thermals
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof/windproof jacket
- Down filled jacket
- Lightweight cotton pants (long)
- Waterproof Pants
- Thermal underwear
- Thin inner socks
- Thick and warm wool hiking socks
- Comfortable Hiking boots
- Sneakers /slippers
- Gore-tex gloves
- Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
- Trekking bags/duffel bag
- Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
- Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
- Water bottle or camel bag
Name : Jose Antonio Litran