Langtang Valley Trek
‘a scenic and cultural walk around central Himalaya to Langtang Himal range’
- An enjoyable and scenic country walks on high valley of great Langtang Himal
- Exploring high country villages of Tamang Buddhist heritage and cultures
- Walking into lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees
- Breathtaking panorama of Ganesh-Langtang and Jugal mountain range
- Starting and ends with scenic walks and exciting overland drive with fabulous views
Awesome Nepal Treks offers a moderate, enjoyable and fascinating country walks around north of Kathmandu at Central Himalaya range of mountains to Langtang Valley Trekking, a scenic trek visiting Tamang cultural villages of Tibetan Buddhist origin and into pristine forested areas of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-birch and pines trees with bamboos where elusive Red Panda habitats rarely seen during the walks. Journey to Langtang Valley trekking offers a delightful short adventure little more of a week duration, suitable for all types of travelers from families-school / collage groups and corporate people or for veteran trekkers and adventurer as good exercise before joining major high altitude treks and other adventure around Himalaya.
For beginners this will be an excellent introduction to Himalayan foothills where one can get the taste of local culture, traditional old custom in the shade of high central Himalaya with beautiful scenery of rolling green hills, verdant valley and pristine beautiful forest where in spring turns into a natural wilderness garden when wild-flowers are in full bloom turning the whole areas with riots of brilliant colors
Langtang Valley and the whole area protected by Langtang National Park the first park to be established in mountainous area in mid 1970’s which covers 1,710 sq.kms the nearest park from Kathmandu. The area extends from 32 km north of Kathmandu to the Nepal - China (Tibet) border. Our wonderful Langtang Valley Trekking leads from Kathmandu on the foothills of Central Himalaya at Langtang with glorious views and to the highest and scenic spot at Kyanjin Gompa with fantastic scenery of snow-clad peaks that surrounds you in and around Langtang Valley.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,470m - 8 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,350m - 7 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Langtang village 3, 500m - 7 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,749m - 4 hrs.
Day 06: Explore in Kyangjin Gompa.
Day 07: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,350m -7 hrs.
Day o8: Trek to Shyabru Besi 1,950m - 5 hrs.
Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 10: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu Tribhuwan International Airport, received by our staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the heart of Kathmandu city, after getting refreshed our guide briefs with information regarding Langtang Valley Trekking, lodge on route with do and don’ts with evening group welcome dinner.
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,470m - 7 hrs.
Morning travel by private coach or local bus (depending upon the size of the group) with an exciting overland drive on main Kathmandu to Dhunche-Syabrubesi highway, leading through Himalayan foothills, on reaching at Trisuli Bazaar within warm sub-tropical our journey continues uphill on winding road towards cooler area past many farm villages and town to reach at Dhunche at the height of 1,950 m. Headquarter and main town of Rasuwa district of Langtang area where Langtang National Park begins.
From Dhunche drive leads downhill on zig-zag road to reach at Syabrubesi village the home of Tamang tribe people in the shade of Ganesh and Langtang Himal, overnight in a nice cozy lodge at Syabrubesi.
Day 03: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,350m - 7 hrs.
The trek from Syabrubesi is quite pleasant with few up climbs for a while but the rest of the walk is gradual on the winding trail through the terraced farm fields and villages, as the trail descends and joins the path coming from upper Syabru at the Riverside Lodge near the place of Bamboo, the trek from here leads to cool forest in the gorge following the torrent glacial river Trisuli upstream, the walk is more or less an uphill climb in the cool shade of rhododendron and oaks forest after six hours walk reaching a small clearing at Lama-Hotel.
Day 04: Trek to Langtang village 3,307m - 7 hrs.
From here few hours morning walk to Ghoda Tabela for lunch stop amidst lovely forest of pines, hemlocks and rhododendron from here onwards you can feel the altitude also.After a pleasant break here, trek continues on the trail to Langtang and its beautiful valley, the walk for an hour is pleasant in the cool shade of alpine woodland, after a small stream leaving the tree line behind the path leads uphill for an hour, then walk gets better on gradual trail with few ups and down to Langtang village for overnight stop.
Day 05: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,749 m - 04 hours.
From Langtang village walk on nice path and then on uphill trail for few hours following “mani-prayer wall” where walking clockwise direction a positive way in respect to Buddhist religion, walk leads further east as the valley opens up with views of snow capped peaks. After few hours of gentle walk with views brings you at Kyanjin Gompa a charming and scenic spot with beautiful views of Langtang Lirung of above 7,000m and its icefall at close distance Kyanjin Gompa, surrounded by a ridge formed by glacial moraine of rocks and boulders.
Day 06: Rest day for acclimatization and for hike around.
At leisure, a well deserved rest day here visit a small Cheese factory or walk up to Tsego-Ri or Kyngin Ri at above 4,700 m / 15,420ft which will add more heights of this adventure offers stunning panorama of snow capped mountains.
Day 07: Trek to Lama Hotel 2, 350 m - 7 hrs.
After a wonderful time at Kyanjin Gompa, retrace the journey back on same route to Lama-Hotel a small settlement in the midst of the forest at the bank of upper Trisuli River.
Day 08: Trek to Shyabru Besi 1,450 m - 5 hrs.
Last day walk of this fabulous adventure with views of snow clad peaks of Langtang to the north and Ganesh-Himal range towards north west along with Manaslu and Annapurna range towards far western horizon, walk leads to a long descend entering oaks, pines and rhododendron forest, after a brief stops with walk continues on the foot of the hill then with short climb towards Dhunche town for last overnight stop around Langtang Himal area.
Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu 1,350m - 7 hrs.
Morning a scenic drive back to Kathmandu with grand memories of fabulous and exciting Langtang Valley trekking, an interesting six hour brings you back in Kathmandu with afternoon free at leisure for shopping souvenirs .
Day 10: International departure homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal, the land of Himalayan wonders after wonderful experience and fond memories of Langtang Valley Trekking around great Central Himalaya region, our staff transfer you to airport as per your time for international flight for your final departure towards homeward bound.
- Airport picks up/ transfer
- 2 nights standard accomodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Langtang National Park fee, permit/TIMS Card- Trekkers Security Card
- Kathmandu- Syprubesi, Dhunche- Kathmandu by comfortable public bus
- Full board of meals( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, tea coffee)
- accommodation twin share- comfortable and clean (two nights attached bath)
- One English speaking guide, his entire expenses, equipment and insurance
- Entire cost of porter and Sherpa’s- one porter for each two member in a group
- All the Gov and local taxes
- Duffle bag and T- shirt
- Down Jacket and Sleeping Bags
- Group medicine kit box
- Departure transfer
- Nepal Visa, in/out flight to Kathmandu
- Your meals at Kathmandu, except provided dinner and breakfast
- Entire beverages, mineral water, beer etc. while on trek
- Travel Insurance(Must includes Helicopter evacuation and trip cancellation)
- Personal Nature Expenses
- Any Extending Trips
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
- Support and co-operate responsible tourism and eco-trekking respecting and preserving the Himalayan pristine environment from destruction.
- Assuring all that every trips will be memorable with enjoyable time with us here at Awesome Nepal.
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu at cheaper prices, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
- Buff headwear /neckwear
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Head torch
- Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof/windproof jacket
- Down filled jacket
- Lightweight cotton pants (long)
- Waterproof Pants
- Thermal underwear
- Thin inner socks
- Thick and warm wool hiking socks
- Comfortable Hiking boots
- Sneakers /slippers
- Gore-tex gloves
- Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
- Trekking bags/duffel bag
- Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
- Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
- Water bottle or camel bag
Name : Jose Antonio Litran
Find Us on Facebook
Relative Packages Tour