Mardi Himal Trekking
‘on the hidden trails beneath towering Machhapuchhre ‘fish tail’ peak to Mardi Himal’
- An enjoyable and scenic walks on the high ridges of great Annapurna Himalaya
- Exploring high hills around Gurung traditional villages enriched with ancient culture
- Walking into lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees
- Breathtaking panorama of Dhaulagiri-Annapurna and Manaslu mountain range
- Starting and ending our scenic walks from picturesque and popular holiday spot at Pokhara
Mardi Himal Panorama Trekking an overwhelming and fascinating adventure on the high ridges of massive Annapurna Himalaya located beneath towering peaks of Machhapuchhre the ‘fish tail’ where walk leads on isolated areas on least visited areas of Annapurna massif.
Mardi Himal situated just 30 k.m. air distance from warm and sub-tropical Pokhara valley a great dramatic change of terrains and climate within a mere distance from low rice fields and terraces to alpine cooler zone, from heavily wooded areas of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees to barren and arid within rocks and ice at Mardi Himal base camp. Mardi Himal Trekking an enjoyable adventure of a week duration with moderate to adventurous walks without a problem of getting AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), suitable for all types of people. Where our itinerary days are flexible with enough time to get acclimatize and to enjoy the surrounding stunning views and panorama, as the walk progress on the high ridges towards Mardi Himal located beneath towering Mt. Machhapuchhre or Fish Tail, the forbidden mountain one of the unclimbed peak so far.
Awesome Adventure Mardi Himal Panorama Trekking starts from Kathmandu with interesting tour and then with exciting drive to scenic Pokhara where this trip begins and ends, walk leads you on alpine hills within traditional Gurung farm villages and then into complete wilderness away from main busy walking trail to enter into new and virgin areas towards high ridges of Mardi Himal with fantastic views of Annapurna-Manaslu and Dhaulagiri mountains and heading beneath majestic Mt. Machhapuchhre where Mardi Himal located.
Mardi Himal also known as ‘Other Sanctuary’ where earlier explorer named this area in early 1960’s the route is seldom trekked by other trekkers, where you will find serenity on this wonderful Mardi Himal Panorama trekking. Finally our adventure concludes with a walk downhill to lower warmer area and then a short drive brings you at beautiful Pokhara by the serene Phewa Lake side, after a great and remarkable adventure on Mardi Himal Panorama Trekking.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara 820m (220 k.m) - 08 hrs.
Day 04: Drive to Kande (trek point) and trek to Pothana 1,900m - 04 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Kokar Forest camp 2,520 m via Pitam Deurali 2,100 m - 05 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Low Camp 2,970 m - 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to High Camp 3,700 m - 05 hrs.
Day 08: Free day at High Camp for hike up to Mardi Himal base camp at 4,500 m.
Day 09: Trek to Siding village 1,750 m - 06 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Mardi pul and drive back to Pokhara with afternoon free.
Day 11: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
Day 12: International departure for home ward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by our staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the heart of Kathmandu city, after getting refreshed our guide briefs with information regarding Mardi Himal Panorama Trekking, lodge on route with do and don’ts with evening group welcome dinner.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
A free day in Kathmandu to relieve you from jetlag on long flights, our morning sightseeing tour starts after breakfast in the hotel, where you will be engrossed with tour around world heritage sites around Kathmandu visiting Old Durbar (palace) Square, and ancient stupa of Swayambhunath, after a tour head back to hotel with preparation for Mardi Himal Panorama Trekking.
(other options on tour of Hindu Holy Temple of Pashupatinath dedicated to Lord Shiva and Bouddhanath large Buddhist Stupa the area also known as Little Tibet)
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara 820m - 08 hrs journey distance 220 k.m.
Morning travel by private coach or in tourist bus (depending upon the size of the group) with an exciting overland drive on main Kathmandu to Pokhara highway, leading through Himalayan foothills, on reaching at Pokhara transfer to respective hotels by the beautiful Phewa Lake with afternoon free for short walks. (Options by Air 30 minutes scenic flight to Pokhara).
Day 04: Drive to Kande 1,770 m and begin trek to Pothana village 1,900 m - 05 hrs.
Starting this wonderful and exciting Mardi Himal & Machhapuchhre Trekking with a short drive on the outskirt of Pokhara to reach at Kande, after getting organized a steep climb leading to farm areas of terrace field, offering great views of snow peaks and valley below entering a patch of cool forest with last climb to reach at the ridge top at Thulo Kharka or Australian Camp with fantastic views of Annapurna and Manaslu range of mountains.
From this lovely spot walk downhill into cool shade of forest to Pothana offering super panorama of Annapurna Himalaya and Manaslu range including majestic Mt. Machhapuchhre “Fish Tail” and small peak of Mardi Himal towards North West.
Day 05: Trek to Kokar Forest camp 2,520m via Pitam Deurali 2,100m - 05 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight stop at Pothana village with fantastic views, walk begins on the main trekking trail reaching at Pitam Deurali with super views of landscapes and snow-clad peaks. After Deurali heading north along the ridgeline into serene forested area with cool temperature with panorama of Annapurna I and South with Huinchuli to the east Annapurna IV -II and Lamjung Himal and then reaching our overnight stop in the middle of forest where few lodges are located for trekkers.
Day 06: Trek to Forest camp to Low Camp 2,970 m - 05 hrs.
From this forest area, walk leads higher on uphill path with steep climb to reach a pasture land for overnight stop on route Mardi base camp with fantastic views of surrounding landscapes and mountains at close range.
Day 07: Trek to High camp 3, 700 m - 05 hrs.
This wonderful area offering grand vista of beautiful landscapes and snow-clad peaks in perfect tranquility heading higher to reach at High Camp as the air gets thinner and cooler with steep climb to reach at High Camp where tree lines fades to short rhododendron and juniper bushes. Here at High Camp with a lonely lodge for overnight accommodation with basic facilities commanding super views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Day 08: Explore beyond High Camp to Mardi West Base Camp 4,500m.
Here with another night stop to explore beyond High Camp with day hike to Mardi Himal higher ridge reaching the highest point of this trek at 4,500 meters. Walk leads to a steep climb along a ridge line to reach a hidden plateau at the base of Mardi Himal South Face with towering Mt. Machhapuchhre; this area known as 'Other Sanctuary' named by early pioneer Jimmy Roberts, when he first explored this area in early 1970's. After enjoying the views of super mountain panorama return back on same route to our overnight stop.
Day 09: Trek to Siding village 1,750m | 5,740ft - 06 hrs.
After a fabulous time on the high ridges of Mardi Himal with beautiful views and back into forest of rhododendron and pines trees, retracing the journey back on same trail at Jungle Camp and beyond with more downhill walk to reach at Sidang village located between the junction to another East and West route to Mardi Himal on warmer area for overnight stop before ending this lovely trek next day.
Day 10: From walk to Mardi Pul and drive back to Pokhara - 05 hrs.
Our last day walk of this fabulous adventure on the hidden trails of Annapurna region walk follows Mardi River on the wide valley reaching warmer areas of rice / paddy farm villages and finally walk ends at Mardi village for a short drive back to Pokhara for overnight stop by the serene Phewa Lake.
Day 11: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu.
Morning a scenic drive to back Kathmandu with grand memories of this fantastic and exciting Mardi Himal Panorama trekking, an interesting six hour brings you back in Kathmandu with afternoon free at leisure for shopping souvenirs.
(By Air options from Pokhara to Kathmandu taking 30 mins of scenic flight)
Day 12: International departure homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal in the land of Himalayan wonders, after wonderful experience and fond memories of Mardi Himal Panorama Trekking around great Annapurna Himalaya, our staff transfer you to airport as per your time for international flight for your final departure towards homeward bound.
- All airport/Hotel transfers
- Tourist standard Hotel in Kathmandu for 2 nights on BB Plan
- Regular tourist coach Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu
- Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
- Hot drinks (Tea & Coffee)
- Tourist standard accommodation in Pokhara for 2 nights on BB plan
- All mountain accommodation
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (Govt. registered trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide & porter salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper work and permits(Annpurna Conservation permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Trekking equipment such as down filled sleeping bag, walking poles and duffel bag
- Soft drinks, alcoholic drinks
- Mineral water
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Travel insurance & evacuation
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
he following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu or Pokhara at cheaper prices, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33 lbs/15 kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
Buff headwear /neckwear
Sun hat or scarf
Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
• Cotton T-shirts and Thermals
• Fleece jacket
• Waterproof/windproof jacket
• Down filled jacket
• Lightweight cotton pants (long)
• Waterproof Pants
• Thin inner socks
• Thick and warm wool hiking socks
• Comfortable Hiking boots
• Gore-tex gloves
• Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
• Trekking bags/duffel bag
• Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
• Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
• Water bottle or camel bag
Name : Jose Antonio Litran
Find Us on Facebook
Relative Packages Tour