Short Annapurna Circuit Trek
‘Adventure around north and south of Annapurna massive mountains with Thorong-la Pass’
- An enjoyable and scenic country walks on the high hills of great Annapurna Himalaya
- Exploring high hills Gurung and Manang traditional villages enriched with ancient culture
- Walking into the lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees
- Breathtaking views of snowcapped peaks around beautiful Manang valley and Thorang-la pass
- Dramatic landscapes from rice paddies to alpine hills to high areas of an arctic climatic zone
World most famous and popular adventure destination as listed by leading travel and guide books “Short Annapurna Circuit trek” certainly a fantastic area for beautiful and pleasant walks visiting high and gorgeous Manang valley within giant snow-capped peaks of Northern Annapurna and Damodar Himal. Annapurna Semi Circuit trekking truly a mesmerizing journey, although the motorable road has come up in some parts within the route, however, Awesome Adventure Treks will avoid the main road and use the old trekking trail for your delight and enjoyable walk with us in our Short Annapurna Circuit Trek.
Short Annapurna Circuit trek leads you to enjoy fascinating scenery of dramatic landscapes from warm rice paddies to cooler alpine zone with enchanting woodlands of tall pine-firs-juniper-oaks and rhododendron trees and then walking into lovely hill villages interwoven with old Buddhist culture and religion with impressive traditional way of life of the local natives of Manang and around lower Mustang areas of Kali Gandaki river valley. Our wonderful Short Annapurna Circuit trek starts with an exciting overland drive to reach the Lamjung areas at Besisahar town and then following the raging Marshyangdi upstream at Syange farm village where our trekking adventure begins heading higher into Manang valley past Dharapani-Chame and Pisang villages to reach cultural Manang enclosed within high peaks of Annapurna II – III and IV with Gangapurna and its ice falls and in the north Chulu and Pisang peaks.
Adventure continues with a climb over the highest point of our trip at Thorong-La Pass of above 5,416 m high with incredible views of mountains on both sides of the pass top and then heading downhill to reach holy Muktinath temple areas and further walks lead at Kaligandaki River valley to end the walk at a charming town in Jomsom famous for delicious apples and its products. From Jomsom, a short scenic flight brings you at scenic Pokhara located on the laps of Annapurna Himalaya and Machhapuchhre “Fish Tail” peak that reflects on its pristine Phewa and Begnas Lakes.
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via various international airline and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Nepal Mid-West to Besisahar and beyond at Jagat 1,540 m – 08 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Dharapani 1,920 m – 07 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Chame 2,670 m – 07 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Pisang 3, 230 m – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Manang Village 3,450 m – 05 hrs.
Day 07: Acclimatization and exploration day around Manang with a short hike.
Day 08: Trek to Churi Ledar 4,180 m – 06 hours.
Day 09: Trek to Thorong High Camp 4,600 m – 04 hrs.
Day 10: Cross Thorong-La Pass 5,416 m and to Muktinath 3,800 m – 08 hrs.
Day 11: Drive or walk to Jomsom 2, 715 m – 04 hrs walks and 2 hrs drive.
Day 12: Fly to Pokhara and transfer to hotel (22 mins on air)
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu – 08 hrs and transfer to hotel.
Day 14: Depart Kathmandu for international departure homeward bound.
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via various international airline and transfer to hotel.
Your first impression of arriving at Tribhuvan International Airport is an experience in itself. But don’t be worried by the apparent confusion as your airport representative will be waiting to welcome you with your name written on a placard. Depending on traffic, you will be at your hotel within 20 minutes or so.
You have time to relax and enjoy the ambience and comfort of the hotel until your evening Group Meeting. This is when we collect your insurance details and discuss how the trip will run for the coming days. After the meeting, we go for our first group dinner. Your tour leader will take you to a traditional Nepali restaurant in Thamel.
(M Hotel or equivalent)
Day 02: Drive to Nepal Mid-West to Besisahar and beyond at Jagat 1,540 m - 08 hrs.
The morning starts with the drive on tourist coach or smaller vehicle as group size for overland journey takes you away from Kathmandu valley, heading into low warmer areas with views of snowcapped mountains. As drive continues on busy main highway past farm villages and town heading Nepal Mid-West to reach Besisahar town and headquarter of Lamjung district. After a pleasant stop continue to drive beyond Besisahar to reach small farm village of Syange and
then uphill on winding dirt road to reach at Jagat for an overnight stop and to start our first day
trek to high and mid hills of Annapurna Himalaya.
Day 03: Trek to Dharapani 1,920 m - 07 hrs.
With the long and interesting drive to Jagat, where the walk starts heading up on leaving Marysangdi River behind for sometimes and then walk into the cool shade of forest towards Chamje, entering into more Buddhism cultural country from here onward as walk leads to a nice valley at Tal-Besi. From Tal village, a few hours walk with ups and downhill including some gradual path to reach our overnight stop in a nice village of Dharapani, a moderate size located in between the trails of Manaslu and Manang route or Annapurna circuit.
Day 04: Trek to Chame 2,670 m - 07 hrs.
From Dharapani walk on winding trail within rhododendron and pine forest past villages of Bagarchap and Danque, then to Temang village from here onwards where you can notice more Buddhist culture along with views of Mt. Manaslu.
After a refreshing short stop at Temang village where few hours trek leads to Chame town for an overnight stop, Chame a large and major town of Manang area and as well a headquarters of Manang district.
Day 05: Trek to Pisang 3, 230 m - 06 hrs.
After Chame walk to Pisang where scenic Manang valley starts and air gets much cooler from here onward walk leads close within mountains, morning walk into the cool alpine forest of rhododendron and pine trees, following Masrsyangdi River with few short ups and down to Bratang village.
From here follow the uphill path into woodland to reach at Dhukure Pokhari a small place with few teahouses and lodge overlooking Chulu’s and Pisang peak, with a lunch break here, walk descends to lower Pisang village for an overnight stop.
Day 06: Trek to Manang Village 3,450 m - 05 hrs.
Pisang village offers great scenery of mountains and surrounding landscapes, from here altitude gains as the morning walk leads through forest and with a short uphill with super views of staggering Annapurna II and III, Gangapurna Chulus and Pisang peak. As the walk reach flat valley at Humre village, from here onward tree lines disappear for barren, arid landscapes with cold, dry arctic climate.
Before Manang, visit old Braga monastery with old Buddhist relics, ancient wall painting, and frescos and stunning views of Annapurna Himalaya, from here an hour walk reaches Manang village. The houses built in typical Tibetan traditional style where Manang people are known for their rich culture and traditions.
Day 07: Acclimatization and exploration around Manang with a short hike.
A necessary rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation to Thorang –la pass, in Manang with optional short hike and explore Manang village and valley, Manang a large village situated on windswept valley at the bank of Marysangdi River beneath Annapurna and Gangapurna mountain range, a nice walk uphill for views of Gangapurna Glacier and the Manang emerald Lake.
Day 08: Trek to Churi Ledar 4,180 m - 06 hrs.
After a good rest and time at Manang, morning walk leads towards Gunsang village on the uphill path to Churi Ledar near Yak Kharka, an interesting high altitude trekking with super views of snowcapped mountains, then crossing a small stream river to reach Yak Kharka, a small settlement with tremendous views of Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Chulu Peaks. From here an hour or less walk to our overnight stop at a small place of Churi Ledar within Yak grazing country close to Chulu West peak.
Day 09: Trek to Thorang High Camp 4,600 m - 04 hrs.
As the walk advances to high area, heading closer to the base of Thorang-la as the walk leads to cross a bridge and then a climb along the river bank of Janjung, Khola as the walk leads at Thorung Phedi, here depending upon the physical conditions of the clients, if all goes well an hour steep climb to Thorang High Camp for overnight stop.
Day 10: Cross Thorang-La 5,416 m and walk to Muktinath 3,800 m - 08 hrs.
One of the major and highlight of the adventure, after early breakfast walk leads to long climb up towards Thorang-la, climb on steep terrain with the winding path to Thorang La Pass situated 5,416 m / 17,700 ft high.
The highest altitude gain of the adventure offers the vista of dramatic surrounding and far country landscapes with high snowcapped mountains, after an exciting stop where long descend takes you at Muktinath which is above 3,800 meters high. On reaching Muktinath for an overnight stop, one of the holiest spots for both Hindu and Buddhists the word Muktinath literally means ‘the place for Nirvana or Liberation’.
Day 11: Drive to Jomsom 2, 715 m - 02 hrs.
From Muktinath where walk stops for a day, as Muktinath and onward to Jomsom where the motorable road has reached some few years ago, making it possible for the drive and shorten our trekking day itinerary.
Taking a morning drive down towards Kaligandaki river valley reaching at-large town of Jomsom and headquarter of Mustang area, as well home of Thakali a flourishing people and traders on this old Trans Himalayan Salt and Caravan trade route, Jomsom a town with small airstrip, where you can time for yourself exploring this nice town of Mustang region famous for delicious apples and its products.
Day 12: Fly to Pokhara and transfer to hotel 22 mins on air.
Our last day of this wonderful adventure on Semi Annapurna Circuit Trekking, where morning flight from Jomsom takes you at scenic Pokhara, as morning flight offers grand views of both Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalaya, as flight land at Pokhara airport and then transfer to your hotel by the side of serene Phewa Lake with views of Annapurna Himalaya and Machhapuchare peaks famously known as ‘Fish Tail’.
Day 13: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Depending upon the size of the group wither travel on Tourist Coach or in private car to reach back at Kathmandu, morning after breakfast in Pokhara hotel, where drive leads you on busy and exciting highway past farm villages and towns to Kathmandu, with time in the afternoon for leisure or engage in personal activities and shopping.
(Options to choose by air from Pokhara to reach Kathmandu 30 mins flight with the panorama of mountains and dramatic landscapes, at Kathmandu airport transfer back to your hotels.
Day 14: Depart Kathmandu for international departure homeward bound.
Finally, all good things must come to an end with grand memories and exciting experience on Semi Annapurna Circuit Trekking, with last final day in Nepal a country of Himalayan wonders where our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu international airport for your flight home or to respective countries.
- All airport transfers
- 3*** star Hotel in Kathmandu for 2 nights with breakfast
- 2** star Hotel in Pokhara for 1 night with breakfast
- All necessary paperwork and permits (ACAP and TIMS Permits: bring 3 passport size photos for trekking legal documentation)
- Private transport Kathmandu to Jagat
- Jomsom to Pokhara by flight
- Full meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on your choice
- Hot drink (in the cup as per meal)
- Seasonal fresh fruits dessert every day
- All mountain accommodation (Soft comfortable private twin sharing room)
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered trekking guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide & porter salary, insurance, equipment, transport and lodging
- Pokhara/Kathmandu by tourist bus
- A comprehensive First Aid kit
- All government and local taxes
- Trekking equipment: down-filled sleeping bag and jacket
- Personal nature expenses
- Drinks, beverages, hot shower, etc.
- Travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara
- Meals and hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
- Support and co-operate responsible tourism and eco-trekking respecting and preserving the Himalayan pristine environment from destruction.
- Assuring all that every trips will be memorable with enjoyable time with us here at Awesome Nepal.
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu and Pokhara at cheaper prices, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
- Buff headwear /neckwear
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Head torch
- Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof/windproof jacket
- Down filled jacket
- Lightweight cotton pants (long)
- Waterproof Pants
- Thermal underwear
- Thin inner socks
- Thick and warm wool hiking socks
- Comfortable Hiking boots
- Sneakers /slippers
- Gore-tex gloves
- Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
- Trekking bags/duffel bag
- Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
- Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
- Water bottle or camel bag
Client Reviews100% Trip Advisor Recommend on 42 Reviews.
Find Us on Facebook
Relative Packages Tour
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek-14 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek-13 Days
- 7 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Shortest Annapurna Base Camp Trek-5 Days
- Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek
- Short Poon Hill Trek
- Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Annapurna Narphu Valley Trek
- Annapurna Tilicho Lake Trekking
- Khopra Ridge Trek
- Mardi Himal Trek
- Jomsom Muktinath Trek