Shortest Annapurna Base Camp Trek -5 Days
"adventure in the heart of world's 10th highest Mt. Annapurna within beautiful sanctuary"
- An enjoyable and scenic country walks on the high hills of great Annapurna Himalaya.
- exploring high hills Gurung traditional villages enriched with ancient culture.
- walking into lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees.
- Breathtaking views of snowcapped peaks at Annapurna base camp and beautiful sanctuary.
- starting and ending our scenic adventure from picturesque holiday spot at Pokhara.
Annapurna Base Camp Shortest trek leads you with enjoyable time where you will admire beautiful scenery during daily walks right in the heart of world 10th highest Mt. Annapurna at 8,091 m high, first climbed in 1950 by French Expeditions led by late Maurice Herzog three years before Mt. Everest was summited.
Mt. Annapurna I first 8,000 meters ever to be climbed truly a magnificent massive range of mountains which extends towards west near Dhaulagiri and Manaslu towards east, one of the most fascinating adventure destination in all Himalaya, where green rolling hills and paddy fields meets the glaciers, you can find it only around southern Annapurna Himalaya range of peaks.ABC Budget trek offers you with views of Mt. Annapurna I (8,091m / 26,545 ft) Varah-Shikhar peaks / Annapurna Fang, Annapurna South (7,219m-23,693ft), Huin-chuli, Gangapurna (7,455m-24,457ft) Annapurna III (7,555 m-24,787ft) with Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fish-tail) the unclimbed and virgin peak with Lamjung Himal and world 8th highest Manaslu (8,163 m) towards east.
A new and fresh kind of adventure to Annapurna Base Camp shortest Trek is an ideal speed walks where you can test your energy and ability reaching at the foot of Annapurna I base camp on record breaking walk,starts from famous, popular Pokhara and the leading you to rolling green hills within traditional farm villages of Gurung tribe of people interwoven with teaching of Buddhism religion. As the walk leads following Modi River gorge right up to its glacial at Annapurna base camp within scenic Sanctuary encircled by amphitheatre of peaks.Probably the only base camp in whole Himalaya region with the facilities of lodge and inns, at Annapurna base camp highest spot of the adventure overlooking grand scenery of mountains that surrounds you at base camp.After a great wonderful time at Annapurna Base Camp Shortest trek within the sanctuary our return journey leads to lovely scenic walk back to Pokhara enjoying time at Jhinu Danda village with its hot spring and then downhill to warmer areas to conclude this magnificent adventure at Pokhara.
Day 01: Drive to Siwai Via Nayapul(2½ hrs drive) and trek to Chhomrong village 2,170 m- 07 hrs Day
Day 02: Trek to Himalaya 2,840 m via Sinuwa 2330 m, Bamboo 2,310 m and Dovan 2,6oo m- 08 hrs Day
Day 03: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130 m via Deurali 3,230 m and MBC 3,700 m- o 8 hrs Day
Day 04: Trek back to Sinuwa 2,330 m- 08 hrs Day
Day 05: Trek to Siwai 1,350 m- 6½ hrs and 2½ hrs drive to Pokhara.
Day 01: Drive to Nayapul and towards Siwai 1,250m (trekking point) trek to Chhomrong village at 2170 m- 07 hrs
We begin our trek with 2½ hours drive along the snake line road to Siwai via Nayapul and Birethati villages, located near the river Modi where our first day starts past several farm villages with scenic waterfalls then cross short bridge over Kimrong khola and ascend on stone staircase to Jhinu Danda village as the climb leads through terraced farm areas uphill walk brings you to Chhomrong, a village for overnight stop. Tremendous view of Annapurna South ,Fishtail, Hiunchuli and Annapurna III visible from here. Chhomrong is gateway of Annapurna Base Camp trek. This is a large and last permanent Gurung village before Annapurna base camp other places on route beyond Chhomrong are temporary settlement to cater the need of trekkers with lodge and guest houses all the way to Annapurna base camp.
Day 02: Trek to Himalaya Hotel 2,840 m via Bamboo 2,310 m and Dovan 26oo m- 08 hrs.
Morning walk downhill to the river, then crossing a short bridge heading up to reach at Sinuwa at 2,330 m high, a lonely spot with few shops and nice lodges walk from here leads into cool forested area of oaks-rhododendron and pines trees and then a short steep descend to Bamboo a small settlement with 5-6 lodges surrounded by bamboo trees, On Modi River gorge.
After Bamboo slightly more than an hour of slow climb brings to Dovan. After Dovan with the sound of raging Modi River, our end of the walk leads higher through thick forested area reaching at Himalaya Hotel located beneath Huichuli peak and large overhanging Hinko Cave. Overnight at Himalayan Hotel.
Day 03:Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130 m via Deurali 3280 m and MBC 3,700 m- 08 hrs.
The trail continues steeply up to the Hinko Cave, after short descend and then crossing ablation of old avalanches of rocky moraine, then a short climb brings at Deurali after leaving the gorge area to more wide open area. From Deurali heading higher leaving the tree lines behind following the raging glacial Modi River all the way to Machhapuchare base camp at 3,700 m high, located beneath towering North Face of the Fish Tail Mountain. After nice lunch brake at MBC, finally our walk leads into famous and picturesque Annapurna Sanctuary where Annapurna Base Camp located. MBC, the starting point of the sanctuary, as the walk leads higher ground for few hours and then entering the sanctuary with amphitheatre of peaks that surrounds this amazing place.Two hours of ascend brings you to the highest spot of this adventure at Annapurna base camp with 4,130 meters elevation.
Afternoon enjoy and relax overlooking Annapurna I (8,091m / 26,545ft) Annapurna South (7,219m-23,693ft), Gangapurna (7,455m-24,457ft) and Annapurna III (7,555m-24,787ft), including to Mt. Machhapuchare (Fish-tail) at 6,790 m stretches up towards Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli and Fluted Peak or Singu Chuli. Overnight at ABC.
Day 04:Trek back to Sinuwa 2,330 m- 08 hrs.
We will savour sunrise view over Annapurna Himalaya early morning ,after most memorable and enjoyable time at base camp within Annapurna Sanctuary retrace the journey back walking downhill back into tree lines with few short ups to reach at Bamboo. After Bamboo on leaving Modi River gorge climb leads up to Khuldi-Ghar into forested area,and then a short gradual walk to Sinuwa 2330m for overnight stop.
Day 05: Trek to Siwai 1,250m- 07 hrs and drive to Pokhara 820 m 2½ hrs.
From Sinuwa trail descend to Chhomrong khola,after crossing short suspension bridge trail leads up to the top of Chhomrong village. After Chhomrong, trail descend all the way to scenic and lovely Jhinu village located on a ridge top with views of surrounding landscapes and rolling green hills and then short descend on stone stairs reaching at another Nayapul (New Bridge), from here back to a small village at Siwai for the drive back to Pokhara after completing a wonderful and fabulous time up in the high mountains.
- Airport pick up and transfer.
- Two nights standard hotel in kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast.
- • Welcome dinner in one of the typical Nepalese restaurant with the cultural and musical programme in Kathmandu
- Private transport from pokhara to trek starting point and return from ending point.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu by comfortable tourist bus
- All necessary paper work and permits (Annapurna Conservation permit and TIMS )
- Trekking equipment such as down filled sleeping bag ,down filled jacket and duffel bag
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered trekking guide and local porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide and porter salaries, insurance, equipment, transport, food and lodging.
- Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek .
- Hot drinks (Tea and coffee).
- All mountain accommodation .
- All government and local taxes .
- Lunch/dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Boiled water
- Hot shower
- Electronic device recharge
- Bottled drinks
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Tip for staff.
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
- Support and co-operate responsible tourism and eco-trekking respecting and preserving the Himalayan pristine environment from destruction.
- Assuring all that every trips will be memorable with enjoyable time with us here at Awesome Nepal Treks.
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu at cheaper prices, remember Nepal is the home of Mount Everest, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
Buff headwear /neckwear
Sun hat or scarf
Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
• Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
• Fleece jacket
• Waterproof/windproof jacket
• Down filled jacket
• Lightweight cotton pants (long)
• Waterproof Pants
• Thin inner socks
• Thick and warm wool hiking socks
• Comfortable Hiking boots
• Gore-tex gloves
• Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
• Trekking bags/duffel bag
• Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
• Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
• Water bottle or camel bag