Everest Three High Passes Trek
"adventure over world highest passes within giant mountains facing awesome panorama"
- A mind blowing adventure crossing one of the world highest passes within Everest region.
- An incredible walk with awesome panorama of world highest mountains with Mt. Everest.
- Exploring high altitude Sherpa villages enriched with ancient culture of Buddhist religion.
- Walking into lovely alpine woodland and into remorseless fields of ice and glaciers.
- Visiting old monasteries of great interest in the backdrop of giant snowcapped peaks.
- Scenic and panoramic flight both ways from Kathmandu and Lukla with amazing views
Awesome Nepal Treks presents an outstanding trek and traverse around world’s highest valley of Khumbu and Everest area, truly a mind-blowing adventure on Three Passes of Everest Trekking. Three Passes of Everest Trekking an adventure leading to awesome destinations between high peaks and passes where you can enjoy your adrenaline dreams into pure reality with great support and guidance of our expert and Veteran Mountain and trekking guides.
Three Passes of Everest Trekking an adventure of great combination of high altitude walks and traversing through the mountainscapes over scenic passes in the backdrop of natural and complete wilderness, and enjoying the walks into green forested areas of tall rhododendron-pines-oaks-birch and juniper tree lines to enter harsh and barren windswept country of rocks-ice and moraines.
Our wonderful adventure leads you into lovely Sherpa villages of Phakding-Monjo and at famous Namche with its colorful bazaar laden with well stocked stores and shops, cyber café, excellent restaurants and lodges with facilities of Banks and ATM as well.Walk leads further towards sleepy village of Thame to cross our first pass over Renjo-la to reach a marvelous around Gokyo Lakes and then over second pass Tsho-la to reach at Everest Base Camp with glamorous views of world highest peaks with notorious Khumbu Ice Falls and then heading towards our last and final pass of the adventure over Kongma-la to reach beautiful Imjatse valley at Dingboche.
After completing all our highlights and goal on Three Passes of Everest walk leads back into green vegetation within alpine woodland at scenic Thyangboche with its interesting monastery, as the walk descends back at Lukla for short panoramic flight back to Kathmandu to conclude our marvelous and fantastic adventure Three Passes of Everest Trekking.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m - 04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 07 hrs.
Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
Day 06: Trek to Thame village 3,880m -05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Lungden 4, 600m - 06 hours.
Day 08: Cross Renjo- La 5,465m and trek to Gokyo Lake 4,800 m - 08 hrs.
Day 09: Morning hike to Gokyo Ri and trek to Draknak 4,830 m - 07 hrs.
Day 10: Cross Tsho-la 5,368m and descend to Dzongla 4,850m - 08 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Lobuche 4,930m - 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,364 m and return to Gorakshep 5,180 m - 08 hrs.
Day 13: Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m trek to Lobuche - 06 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Chhukung 4,750m on crossing Kongma-la 5,535 m - 08 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Thyangboche 3, 867 m - 06 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Monjo 2,860m - 07 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Lukla - 05 hrs.
Day 18: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
Day 19: In Kathmandu free day with sightseeing tour.
Day 20: International departure for home ward bound
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by our staff and then transfer to your respective hotels in the heart of Kathmandu city, after getting refreshed our guide briefs with information regarding Three Passes of Everest trekking, hotels, lodge on route with do and don’ts with evening group welcome dinner.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
A free day in Kathmandu to relieve you from jetlag on long flights, our morning sightseeing tour starts after breakfast in the hotel, where you will be engrossed with tour around world heritage sites around Kathmandu visiting Old Durbar (palace) Square, and ancient stupa of Swayambhunath, after a tour head back to hotel with preparation for Three Passes of Everest Trekking next early morning.
(other options on tour of Hindu Holy Temple of Pashupatinath dedicated to Lord Shiva and Bouddhanath large Buddhist Stupa the area also known as Little Tibet)
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640m - 04 hrs.
Mornings, flight to Lukla with views of mountain range including Mt. Everest, after 30 mins of great flight reaching at Lukla with its unique airstrip a gateway Sherpa town to Everest base camp and other adventure destination.
From Lukla walk to Phakding village for overnight stop leading past Sherpa farm villages, a nice and pleasant walk with few short ups overlooking beautiful views along the walk to Phakding village located by Dudh Kosi a glacial River.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440m - 05 hrs.
After breakfast , we commence our trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m.). The trail goes along the right bank of Dudh Koshi. Thamserku is standing majestically skyward on the opposite bank. We then reach Bengar. The trail now climbs from the riverbed on the left bank into the mountain, through a forest to Chumoa. We continue along the trail with many ups and downs; cross a stream, and pass by the tiny village Monjo. We then come to Sagarmatha National Park Service where a park entrance fee is to be deposited. We follow a short walk along the riverbed of this valley where the major river meets each other. Crossing over the Hillary bridge, trek begin steep ascent to Namche Bazar. On the way, we would have excellent views of Everest (8848m) and Lhotse (8516m.). Surrounded on three sides by mountain ranges, Namche Bazar (3440m) is a central hub of the area for food, trekking gears and other necessary goods.
Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
Namche Bazaar is at 3,440m,this level is consider threshold of altitude sickness. Today will be spent resting and allowing our bodies to become acclimatized to the lofty altitude.Go high and sleep low is the best way to acclimatize,best acclimatization hike for the day we recommend is to Everest view hotel,a perfect place for proper speed acclimatization before heading higher area, morning hike to Everest View Hotel which is about 2 hrs uphill walk,great spot for magnificent view of Mt Everest,Lhotse ,Amadablam and adjoining peaks of the Khumbu Himalayan panorama.
Check out the Sherpa museum for an overview of the Sherpa culture and history of mountaineering. On Saturdays, the Hatt Bazaar is open for trading and an intimate look at the locals’ marketplace. It is part of the larger Namche Bazaar, a shopping hub filled with all manner of trekking and mountaineering clothing and equipment.
Day 06: Trek to Thame 3,880m - 04 hrs.
A nice walk on pleasant trail into forest of rhododendron, oaks and pines trees passing small farm villages following Bhote Kosi River upstream to Thamo village, with small hydro project supplies electricity around Khumbu villages. From this village continue walk to reach a small bridge, with beautiful paintings of Buddha on rock wall, from the bridge walk for 45 minutes to Thame, a quiet and sleepy village seldom visited by trekkers.
This village where Tenzing Norgay spent his childhood days (first person to climb Mt. Everest) and home of another famous climber Apa Sherpa, a record holder climbed Everest 20th times Thame village has one of the oldest monasteries of this region.
Day 07: Trek to Lumden 4,600 m - 06 hrs.
Today, we will walk about 6 hrs to Lungdeng, upstream of Bhote Koshi River ,the trails pass by many old, walled Sherpa villages. During the walking you can observe varieties of plants and animals with unique Sherpa culture. We can probable also share the trail with Tibetan Yak Canavan until Marlung village who are heading to Nangpa la pass,a trading route to and from Namche to Tibet with the villagers.After leaving the junction of Tibet trail, walk continues to Lungdeng on windswept terrain further north east, walking for few hours to reach our overnight stop at Lungdeng a small village with panorama of high mountains.
Day 09: Trek and cross over Renjo- La 5,465 m descend to Gokyo 4,800 m - 07 hrs.
From Lungdeng a Big Day! crossing the first pass of this adventure, walk leads to frozen ponds beneath Renjo La pass, offering marvelous views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cholatse and Taboche peaks, and then over Renjo La pass at 5,465 m / 17,929 ft, one of the most difficult section of the adventure, on reaching the top of Renjo-la with views of Mt. Cho-Oyu and other high peaks, from the top with short rest then downhill to Gokyo valley and its beautiful lake, for overnight stop in the comfort of a nice lodge.
Gokyo a picturesque spot its simmering emerald glacial lake and close views of Cho-Oyu world 6th highest mountain bordering Nepal and Tibet.
Day 10: Morning hike to Gokyo-Ri and walk to Dragnak 4,830 m - 04 hrs.
Morning hike uphill to Gokyo Ri one of the highlight of this trip, a small peak above the lake, Gokyo Ri at 5,357m offers panorama of Mt. Cho Oyo, Gyachung Kang, Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cholatse, Tawache and far as to Mt. Makalu.
After a wonderful stop at Gokyo Ri, head downhill to Gokyo for lunch and rest, afternoon short walk of few hours to Dragnak at the base of Chugyuma or Tsho-la (Cho) pass, above Na small place located at the foot of Ngozumba glacier.
Day 11: Trek to Dzongla 4,830m via Tsho-la 5,368m - 07 hrs.
Tsho-la pass day is the hardest day of the trip. Start your day after early breakfast which is steep steady climb for two hours and the trail drops down to the bottom of the Tsho-la base. After that the trail leads you through the unstable rocky mountain face toward the top . There are some Buddhist prayer flags on the top of the pass which has great views of the mountains including Lhotse 8511 m and Nuptse 7879 m. There is icy part for a while(You might need to use crampon on this section) and again the trail drops down through the huge rock and an easy walk at the end to get to the Dzongla,small lonely valley. Stay overnight Dzongla.
In snow condition this route can be quite difficult and the guide will decide whether it is possible to proceed or retrace to another safe area.
Day 12: Trek to Lobuche 4,930m - 05 hrs.
After a great traverse on crossing Tsho-la to Dzongla, today a moderate and pleasant walk to Lobuche as the walk leads on gentle trail above Thugla, where Khumbu glacier melts into a raging river, coming across stone memorials of unfortunate climbers who died climbing Mt. Everest, Lhotse and other high mountains. From here a nice pleasant walk brings to Lobuche for overnight stop.
Day 13: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5364 m and return to Gorakshep 5,180m - 06 hrs.
Today walk towards one of the highlight of this adventure at Everest Base Camp, few hours of short steep climb in between over glacier and moraine, reaching Gorakshep, beneath Mt. Pumori and Kalapathar.
Walk continues towards Everest Base Camp, at base camp enjoy the view of notorious Khumbu Ice Fall and glaciers, after a grand time with experience of a lifetime adventure at base camp retrace the journey back to Gorakshep for overnight halt.
Day 14: Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m trek to Lobuche 4,930m - 04 hrs.
Early morning hike on top Kalapathar at 5,545 meters, highest point of this adventure with marvelous views of mountains including Mt. Everest at mere distance, after a great scenic moment descend to Gorakshep for breakfast and continue walk towards Lobuche for overnight stop. Afternoon rest and preparation for the last final pass of the adventure crossing over Kongma-la.
Day 15: Trek towards Chhukung 4,750 m on crossing over Kongma-la 5,535 m - 07 hrs.
After a great walk completing high scenic two passes, the path leads towards complete wilderness away from the main trekking area, walk follows over moraine and towards Khumbu glacier, on the zig-zag path walking carefully in case of fallen rocks slide, then climbing steeply towards the other side of the glacier near by the Nuptse Wall, near Mehara Peak (Khongmatse) and Pokalde peak by the base of Kogma-la at 5,200m.
From this spot walk leads towards top of Kongma-la at 5,535 the highest pass on this trip, walk leads higher up and then descending towards the glacial pond and the walk leads on the rocks and moraine path most of the way till Bibre is reached around beautiful Imjatse valley where the trails from Dingboche and Chukung joins.
After a hard day, from Bibre walk gets better as the trail leads toward Dingboche with views of surrounding high snow capped peaks, on reaching Dingboche for overnight stop in a nice cozy lodge.
Day 16: Trek to Thyangboche 3, 867m - 05 hrs.
Return journey is much easier losing heights every hour, walking downhill with few short ups to Pangboche and then to the bridge with an hour climb to Thyangboche for overnight stop,
a beautiful spot with an interesting and famous monastery overlooking magnificent views of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Kangtenga, Thamasarku, Kwangde and majestic Amadablam.
Afternoon with time for tour of the monastery, which was burnt by accidental fire in 1991 at present back into normal form, where you can witness young monks and elderly priest and Lama on evening prayer.
Day 17: Trek to Monjo 2,860m - 07 hrs.
After a great time descend to Imjatse River, with steep climb for an hour to Sanasa, from here on gradual path with short ups and downs to Namche Bazaar, a break here and then walk back to Dudh Kosi river valley and to Monjo for overnight stop.
Day 18: Trek to Lukla - 04 hrs.
Morning walk reaching at Phakding from here retrace the journey back to Lukla with last climb, on reaching Lukla celebrate last night dinner with fellow trekkers and staff.
Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
From Lukla taking an early morning flight back to Kathmandu with views of mountains, at Kathmandu domestic airport our staff transfers you back to respective hotels with rest of the day free at leisure.
Day 20: In Kathmandu free day with sightseeing tour.
A spare day in Kathmandu in case of flight delay and cancellation due to unfavorable bad weather which might occur, as the Himalayan weather can be unpredictable sometimes if all goes well have a free day or sightseeing tour of Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur.
Day 21: International departure homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal in the land of Himalayan wonders, after wonderful experience and fond memories of Three Passes of Everest trekking, our staff transfer you to airport as per your time for international flight for your final departure towards homeward bound.
- Airport pick up and transfer
- Two nights hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan
- Necessary paper work and permits
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered trekking guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage
- Guide & porter salary, insurance, equipment, transport, food and lodging
- Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
- Hot drinks
- All mountain accommodation soft comfortable private twin sharing room
- Medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Trekking equipment such as down filled sleeping bag, and duffel bag
- Meals, accommodation and transportation Kathmandu
- All kinds of bottled drinks in Mountain
- All kinds electronic device re-charge
- Hot Shower and boiled water
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance & evacuation
- Tip to the staffs
- Awesome Nepal Treks welcomes all travelers in our delightful-secure and safe holidays around Himalayan destinations before and after booking the trips of your choice we would like to offer some important notes before you pack your bags for departure to Nepal Himalaya.
- On booking please send us bank transfer minimum of 25 % advance payment rest you can pay on arrival and before your trip departure to respective destinations.
- Before or after booking please check with your doctors for medical advice and suggestion and as per the areas of travel.
- We require your medical history before joining our trips so that we can take care with necessary details and inform you of the treks of your choice regarding health and physical wise.
- After booking at least minimum of 3 weeks please prepare with necessary exercise like jogging-walking ups and downs the stairs, as Nepal is a country of ups and down hills where moderate exercise will help you on trekking.
- All our trips are well taken care from booking hotels-transportation with all logistic supports will be lead by experience and expert guides on all treks and tours offering you with full information of the areas of travel and taking outmost care that you enjoy the trips happily with much satisfaction.
- Depending upon the trekking programs where you will need necessary trekking gears, most of the equipment can also be bought and hired in Kathmandu shops and stores if it is too much to carry from home country.
- For trekking / climbing equipment please see our list provided as per the duration and areas of trekking and climbing.
- Most of our trekking involves staying overnights in lodge with excellent choice of food menus prepared by lodge cooks, when camping away from main routes we provide full camping equipment with excellent kitchen unit of cook-kitchen staff supported by guides and porters.
- On high altitude treks we take enough care that you will be healthy providing you with hygienic and nutritional food menus include much rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation.
- Remember to insure from medical problems and travel insurance which should include emergency evacuation by any means of quick transportation or by helicopter.
- Assuring you all that we run and organize all trips according to the itinerary provided, however in some certain circumstances like bad and unfavorable weather, political strikes, broken road and trails due to landslide and avalanche.
- On this type of situation we might divert and re-route to other safe destination where the company holds the right in this sudden and unforeseen conditions.
- If someone needs to break from the trip of own choice due to medical and personal problem in this case refund will not be entertained as per the company policy and norms.
- On trek respect the local culture and traditions where our guide will supply you with information regarding the rules visiting monastery and temples as per the area of travel.
- Support and co-operate responsible tourism and eco-trekking respecting and preserving the Himalayan pristine environment from destruction.
- Assuring all that every trips will be memorable with enjoyable time with us here at Awesome Nepal Treks.
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu at cheaper prices, remember Nepal is the home of Mount Everest, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
Buff headwear /neckwear
Sun hat or scarf
Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
• Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
• Fleece jacket
• Waterproof/windproof jacket
• Down filled jacket
• Lightweight cotton pants (long)
• Waterproof Pants
• Thin inner socks
• Thick and warm wool hiking socks
• Comfortable Hiking boots
• Gore-tex gloves
• Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C
• Trekking bags/duffel bag
• Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
• Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
• Water bottle or camel bag
Name : Jose Antonio Litran